Chapter 2 // Until the Stars meet Again

"He stared at her and she could see the universe in his eyes. She hoped that he saw some in hers too."
~Tumblr Quote

...

It's 8:02 a.m. & I'm snuggling in a comfy sweater & a apron as Im cleaning off fresh fruit for the remainder of the day.

I turn my neck towards the glass to see how the orders are going .......it's him.

He smiles & says "Hi" in the most sincerest way.

I feel as if the glass isn't there anymore. The sound of his voice goes from one ear to another then into my memory which I will hold on to for as long as I can.

Hi

I look back down to turn off the sink.

When I look back up he is gone. I trail the whole cafe hoping that he has an order & is just taking a seat.
Gone.
Again...

This time he didn't just leave,
He left something behind. A letter in the recipe pile. Something about this letter made me want to open it the second I pick it up
But I don't...
I clock out for the day, grabbing my things, & holding the letter in my hand as I walk out. I head for the Pet Shop like I do almost everyday after my shift.

I walked in to the smell of oatmeal puppy shampoo. I headed over to the back where I met a beautifully mixed Collie,Husky

About 5 months ago
When she was first brought in as a new born, I was told that she had been abandoned right after giving birth to. The second I saw her I had found my best friend.
She limped over to me the second they set her down & ever since I have been volunteering to give the puppies & kittens baths.

I stay for a good hour & a half before making my way home.

...

As I head out the Pet Shop I make my way back home but after taking a couple steps I feel the same tension that I did earlier, except now it is coming from across the street.
Forgetting about everything around me I walk towards what I felt & suddenly I snap out of it before realizing that I am inches away from a moving truck that is honking at me furiously. I freeze

...

A figure that I couldn't quite make out rushes toward me in enough time to get me out of the way. I start to breathe hard & suddenly I run out of breath
He is so close...
My heart...
I look at him trailing from his eyes to his nose, mouth, cheeks, Freckles? Out of all the concern & worry, I smile.

He is beautiful.

Holding me in amazement he helps me back onto my feet but wouldn't let go Untill he knew I was ok.
He voluntarily walks me home. It went from being a 5 minute walk to being a 10 minute intriguing conversation, with slow steps.

He begins by asking me if I was ok & if I got his letter. I blush at his curiosity.
"Letter? I thought it was a recipe"
" Then how come you have it clenched in your right hand"
" I wanted to try out the recipe for myself"
" Is that so"?

...

I stop.

"Is everything ok"?

"This is my apartment"

As the words slip off my lips , I notice the sadness in his eyes.
T

he butterflies in my stomach start to fade.

"When can I see you again?"

"When do the stars meet the sky again?"

His eyes widen as his cheeks turn a bright pink. He lifts his right arm up to the back of his neck which lifts up his shirt and shows off a little of his lower abs as he contemplates on what to say next. I pull out my keys to enter the apartment building.

He smiles in a way that gives me props for my cheesy yet sweet quote & then walks over to me as we lock eyes for what seems like forever.

I'm falling for someone that I don't even know, but it feels so right.
The tension rises & the butterflies come back as we both struggle to break contact.

With the most satisfaction he takes his finger and twirls it around one of my curls before putting it in place.

"Darn curl never stays in place" ,

I say as I chuckle. His eyes brighten, & he chuckles while moving in closer.
He was so close it was as if our lips were bound to touch. He reaches for my hands.

"Until the stars meet again".

You made it, Tysm!!! Don"t forget to vote, Your opinion means a lot. Any request just comment down below <3

Update: This is yet another Chapter that I decided to look over & found a lot of mistakes. Apologies for whoever read it before the update!!!