Chapter 5 (Part 1)

The next day I woke up at seven and did my normal routine. I took a shower, brushed my teeth and did my business. I put on my clothes, which consisted of jeans and an oversized t-shirt with converse, and I packed my bag for surfing class and took it with me. I didn't bother with hair because it was wavy, and I just put on a bit of concealer and mascara to make me look presentable. I ran out of my room and met Vi, Nate, and Alec at the door. 

 "Women, you take forever to get ready," Nate said. 

"Oh shut up Nate, not everyone is an expert at waking up and looking good," I retorted. 

"Aw but you look good any day," Nate said. I smiled at him and looked down so he wouldn't see me blush. "Thanks," I said. We just stared into each others eyes and smiled at one another.

"Could you two quit this little love fest of yours? I'm hungry," Alec whined.

"Okay Salt, let's go," I said and opened the door. "Don't call me Salt, Pepper," he said. "Don't call me Pepper, Salt," I retorted back and walked into the hallway. We got into the elevator and proceeded to the cafeteria. Today there were bacon and eggs. I got sunny side up and bacon, Vi got scrambled eggs and bacon, Alec got an over easy egg and bacon, and Nate got an omelet and bacon. We all sat down and ate our food while talking. Nate and Alec kept pestering me about my past and the jackasses, but I refused to tell them. The bell rang and we all bided farewell to each other and headed our separate ways. 

Singing/ song writing class and modelling class went  by in a breeze. We worked on our songs, and we learned about lighting and mechanical things in modelling class. When the bell rang for lunch, Vivian and I made our way to the cafeteria where we met the boys. 

"Pizza!" Nate cheered. My eyes lit up like a christmas tree as him and I ran for the line. 

We all got our pizza and ended up gobbling it before lunch ended; so we went outside and chilled out in the front yard of the school. When the bell rang, Vi and I sprinted to fashion designing class because it was all the way on the other side of school. We ended up getting there just in time. 

Finally, surfing class came along and I told Vivian I'd meet her at our penthouse and we'd go out to eat before eight. I walked along the beach, enjoying the view and the sand between my toes, until I bumped into someone; Alec. 

"Watch where you're going Pepper," he said.

"S-s-sorry," I stammered. My insecurities washed over me like a wave and I cursed myself silently.

"Aw no comeback I see?" he said. 

"Uh-uh-no," I stuttered again. To my rescue, Nate came in and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. 

"He giving you a hard time?" Nate asked. I shrugged and walked away. Suddenly my phone rang and on instinct I picked it up. 

"Hello?" I said.

"MELODY?" Ella screamed into the phone. My eyes widened and I looked at my phone confused.

"Damn it Ella! How'd you get my new number?" I asked.

"Your mom gave it to me because I wouldn't leave her alone," she said. I sighed and shook my head.

"Why are you calling me?" I sighed.

"To make sure you were alright! Where are you?" she said.

"Italy," I said.

"ITALY?" she screamed.

"Shhhh! Are the jackasses with you?" I asked.

"No," she said.

"Good, I don't want them coming here," I said.

"What school are you at?"

"St. Mussolini."

"Really? Oh my god! Who's your roommate?" 

"Vivian Stanley."

"AND YOU AREN'T DEAD?"

"El, she is just misunderstood," I said.

"Whatever you say Mel. Any cute guys caught your eye?" she asked.

"Nope. I've only been hanging out with Vivian, Nate and Alec," I said.

"GIRL YOU ARE STILL ALIVE?" she yelled.

"Shut up! Why is this so surprising?" I asked.

"WHY? WHY? Because Vivian is the number one bad girl, Nate is the number one hot, jock, nerd, and Alec is the number one bad boy," she explained. 

"Okay El, chill. I gotta go, but I guess I'll text you later," I said.

"It was great talking to you Mel," she said.

"Yeah you too, just don't tell the jerks you talked to me, where I am, or what my number is okay?" I said.

"My lips are sealed," she said. I smiled and hung up the phone. Mr. Cooper called all of us to the centre and told us to get back with our partners and work on the same thing as yesterday. I helped Nate master some tricks, as well as he taught me some new ones. We laughed and splashed each other and totally wiped out a few times on a wave. 

At the end of the day, I got my towel and dried myself off. Nate came up to me with a smile and he scratched the back of his head. 

"So, Mel, I don't know if this is to soon or so, but I was wondering, would you like to go out with me?" he asked. I stood there in shock. He was a nice guy, don't get me wrong, but I don't think I was ready for a relationship. Especially after the whole Zayn incident. But at the same time, I was going to have to move on eventually so I might as well start now.

"I'd love to," I responded. He smiled and I smiled too. Suddenly, we heard someone grunt angrily behind us and it just happened to be Alec.

"Hey Alec," I said shyly.

"Yeah whatever," he said and stomped away. I raised my eyebrow in confusion and shook my head. "Alrighty then," I said. Nate walked me back to my dorm and told me to be ready by five; it was currently three thirty. I entered the penthouse with a huge grin on my face and sat beside Vi on the couch.

"Hey, where do you wanna go out and eat?" she asked staring at the tv and eating popcorn. My eyes widened as I realized I had dinner plans with Vi first.

"Shit Vi, I'm so sorry. Nate asked me out and we are going out for dinner at five. Want me to cancel?" I asked.

"Hell no. You need to loosen up a little. Go get ready. I'll just hang with.....oh shit Alec," she sighed.

"I can cancel you know," I said.

"Nah, go have your fun. I'll survive," she said with a reassuring smile. I smiled back and went to my room to get ready. I hope this turns out well.