Chapter 2

Jokers POV

I reached level 9 and wearily stepped out of the elevator. The entrance let straight into a lavish lounge area, I strode over to the doors leading off which I could only assume to be bedrooms. The first room appeared to be Bruce's and it was empty. I growled in frustration knowing that if he'd been here I would've been right. I exhaled deeply my eyes scanning the rest of the apartment, they came to a stop when I noticed a light on in another bedroom. I started towards it flinging the door open and holding up my gun, however when I entered the room I found someone who definitely wasn't Bruce Wayne.

I frowned as my eyes set upon a girl who was sleeping upon the bed, she had dark hair and for some reason she looked slightly familiar. Why was this girl in Bruce Wayne's apartment, I looked around for a moment before my eyes caught sight of a photo of them together. Then it all clicked. She was his daughter. I grinned to myself before leaning down beside her

"Wakey, wakey darling" I whispered into her ear

There was no response.

"Wake up!" I yelled

Still nothing

I grabbed her shoulder as I was going to shake her awake, but when I touched her she was cold as ice. My eyes widened as I looked at her too still figure, I quickly took a hand to her neck searching for the beat of her pulse. After a minute I found a faint pulse, I grimaced I'd finally found something to use against the batman and it was hanging to life on a thread. I looked to the beside table for water when I saw an almost empty bottle of vodka with pills scattered around it.

"Stupid" I breathed

It almost made me laugh that the daughter of the batman was screwed up enough to do this to herself. Batty must be as bad as I thought after all. I reached into my pocket pulling out a purple pill, I lifted the girl into a sitting position and slightly opened her mouth.

"Come on darling, down the hatch" I whispered as I dropped the pill into her mouth and tilted her head back. Now there was nothing to do but wait.

I sat on the end of the bed impatiently, playing with my gun.

"Anytime you feel like waking up darling" I growled at her figure

Coughing began coming from the bed and I turned to meet her wide eyes.

I grinned

"Nice of you to join the party darling"