Meeting The Family

Začít od začátku

Tanner walked up behind me as I looked out at the front yard. Wrapping his arms around me, he set his head on my shoulder.

"You okay?" He asked.

I sighed as I looked down and grabbed his hands turning around. I wrapped my arms around his torso and hugged him as I said, "I'm just tired."

"Well, maybe you should get some sleep," he suggested.

I pulled back from him and nodded my head. He walked across the room and opened a door, "this is your closet," he walked over to the right and opened another door, "and this is the bathroom. We share the bathroom, that door right there leads to my room." I nodded my head as I walked over to the bed and laid down on it. Tanner came over and laid down with me as I buried my face in his chest, falling fast asleep.

~*~

I moved my head up and looked at the ceiling as I brought my arms up to my head and stretched them out, making small little annoying noises.

I rolled over onto the other side of the bed to notice that Tanner was gone. Lifting my head up I saw the clock on my bedside table said that it was, 9:45 p.m.

As I lifted my legs over the side of the bed I pushed myself up, and walked over to the door, where I could hear faint voices coming from downstairs. Inching myself closer to the steps the voices became more clear.

"What do you even really know about her, Tanner. Shes a complete stranger!"

"Mom, mom, mom! You need to calm down." Tanner said as he tried to keep both of their voices down.

"I'm just worried about you getting hurt. That's all."

I had made it down the steps and to the kitchen doorway when she said that. I couldn't take it anymore, "I'm not going to hurt him," I said stepping into the kitchen. They both visibly jumped as they looked to me.

"Sarah. I'm sorry we woke you," Tanner said coming over to me, as he ran a hand through his hair.

"It's fine. You didn't wake me." I looked behind him to Linda.

Side stepping Tanner I walked over to her, "I give you my word, that I will never do anything to hurt your son. physically, or mentally." She just looked at me as I sighed, "I hope you can see that one day." I turned around and walked out of the kitchen.

Upstairs in my room I zipped my bag up when I heard Tanner behind me.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

I turned to him as I wiped a tear that had escaped, away. "I, uh... I just talked to my aunt and she's on her way. I'm obviously not wanted here, so I'm going to go."

"What? No, no you can't leave." He scoffed as he continued, "we just got here. I mean I- I mean, where will you go- I mean where do they live?" I smiled as I walked up to him, and I put my hand on his face.

Leaning into my embrace, he closed his eyes as, I said to him, "I'll just be across town. Not far."

He opened his eyes, "Sarah please don't go."

"I have too. Your mom," I sighed, "she needs time. To process." I let my hand fall to his hands, "she needs you. Okay, she needs her son. That's something that my mother will never have again. Don't let it happen to yours."

Tanner leaned his head over onto my forehead as I closed my eyes. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too," I said as I looked back up at him. He leaned forward and kissed me, this time with much force, and urgency, but there was still that passion and sparks like always.

Pulling back for breath he leaned his forehead onto mine, "you know this will be the first time that we'll be separated. We've only known each other for, four weeks and two days."

I moved my head back to get a better look at him, "you counted?"

"Of course I counted,'" he stated as if it were obvious. I just nodded my head as a car honked from the front.

We both walked over to the window seat and looked out to see my aunt walking up the front steps. I sighed and looked back at Tanner.

"I got to go." He nodded his head as I gave him a weak smile, "call me, when you get your phone back, okay."

"I will," he said as I smiled and kissed him before grabbing my bag and heading down the stairs.

I walked up to Linda and my aunt Jackie before turning around to see Tanner following closely. Getting up to the door, I pulled Linda in for a hug, whispering to her softly, "lunch sometime." She smiled at me before whispering an apology to me quickly, before Tanner set a hand on my arm.

Leading me outside I gave my aunt a quick hug before we headed back to the car. My aunt got into the drivers seat as I threw my bag into the back. I turned to Tanner as I hugged him and kissed him one last time before pulling back. I looked up into his eyes, as I grabbed his hand and set the cool metal into it closing it for him, as I pecked his lips one last time before opening the door and getting into the car.

We soon backed out of the driveway, and headed down the street as I saw Tanner open his hand. He immediately looked back up at me and waved as I did the same.

Tanner

I watched her pull out of my driveway, and start down the street when I remembered she gave me something.

Opening my hand I looked at the key, before looking back up to wave goodbye.

When the car was out of sight I went back inside, I still couldn't believe that she gave me her brothers key to the Jeep. I guess now it was like our promise to each other. You know like when those couples get a pet, and share it. That's what the Jeep was to us, our child. I just can't wait to see Sarah, soon. I miss her already.

_________________________

No it's not the end of the book, don't go freaking out or anything. Its just one chapter closer to the end.

I hope you liked this chapter, and don't forget to Comment, Vote, and Share. Thanks guys. :)

-Bri