The broken past

Pov Calum

' I've tried talking to Kie but everytime I do he ignores me and when I try to touch him he flinches away from my touch. I know what I said hurt him but I just dont know why. Its the end of the last period so I'm going to try and catch Bailey. She seems to know alot about Kie's family. I turn the corner into one of the empty rooms in the school where I know she hangs out with some of the emo chicks. I see her and a group of people in there they all glared at me for barging in Bailey just roles her eyes.

"Scatter" I say to them while my eyes are glowing and my fangs pop out. They ran out the room, I'd have to erase their memories later. So I make a mental picture in my head of all the people that ran out and then I look at Bailey. I know that there's no point in using my scary face on her, so I use my trying-not-look-sad-but-really-bad-at-hiding-my-emotions face and I could already see the sympathy in her eyes.

" Stop given me that damn look."she say averting her eyes away from me

" I just wanted to know something." I say standing in front of her

"No Kie has not been talking about you lately. Can I go now?" she asked sarcastically

" That's not the question I just want to know why I said to Kie hurt him so bad? He wont talk to me, he doesn't wont me to touch him,and he can't even look at me for five seconds before his eyes fill up with tears " I said unable to bare the look of sympathy on Bailey's face.

"I'm sorry Calum but I dont really know. Maybe because of something from his past I'm not really the person you should be asking about this. Though. " she said with worry in her eyes.

"Then who?" I ask but before she could answer someone answered for her.

" Us. "said the voices as I turned around and saw Dell and Dria standing in the door way they walk over to some empty seats and sat down.

"Well why?" I asked after waiting five minutes for them to stop giving me the glare.

"Well first of all, your a dick." said Dria as she turned sideway in her chair like to call me a dick was the only reason she was even here.

"But the real reason is probly because of our dad." said Dell but when he got two confuse faces he continued reluctantly.

"See our dad took care of us when our mother was away, She was always moving Teamora's body making her distant from us. Our father always blamed dark magic for her distance, he soon grow to hate dark magic. When he found out that we had a talent for it it only made him hate it more. He would try to beat it out of us. when we train to use magic, it was easier to use dark magic. It came natural to us, we didn't know any better but he didn't care. He was worse on Malik he was always better at dark magic then us, but he was even worse on Jaliki. Kie's magic is the embodiment of chaos dad would bet Kie half way to death when he found Kie using it. So one day Kie snapped and he unleashed everything he had on our fathers mind.He nearly melted his brain, we had to call our mother to come and piece it back together. It took her weeks to undo what Kie did but he was never the same. Kie had broken his mind so bad that no matter how much healing he goes through his mind will never come back together the same. When our father woke up and saw us he said the worst thing he could to us 'how could you be so dark how could you be like that monster'." Dell finished watching me realize what I did.

"I hurt him because I basically said the same thing your father said. Ugh... how could I be so stupid!?" I screamed as I kept hitting myself.

"As much as I like to see you beat yourself up, we have places to be"said Dria as she started to walk for the door with Dell, but before they could exit they both released a horrible scream and hunched over in pain.

"What happen!?" I ask as I race over to Dria and Dell

"Its Kie and Malik something's wrong!" they yelled

"Where are they?" I ask in a panic

"The northern crystal." Bailey said as she ran out the door I looked at Dell and Dria.

" Go he need you more!"they screamed as I rushed and past Bailey stopping in front of her

" Go get the others and meet me at the crystal" I told her she nodes and runs the opposite direction. I rush out to the north crystal to see Kie and Malik on opposite ends of the field battling the darkling ( if you don't know what a darkling is go back and read chapter 2 a.k.a. truth and it will describe darkling) the both of them where attacking with purple light. When it hit the darkling they turned to stone. Kie had just turned the last darkling to stone when he saw I was here. When he turn to me that's when I smelted it.

Blood but not only blood but Kie's blood. I rushed over to him before he could fall and stood him up, he smiled at me and we both started walking over to Malik. But before we could git to him Teamora was standing behind him.

" Malik!" Kie screamed and send a blast of red light slicing throw the air at Teamora but it was to late Malik and Teamora where gone. The red energy sliced through half of the woods setting in on fire. Minutes later everyone else arrived and Dell and Dria put out the fire and stated to heal Kie.

"What happened... where's Malik? " asked Dell

" She took him..... Teamora took Malik." Kie sobbed in my arms and I could do nothing but feel guilty for loving the fact that he wanted me to comfort him.