Chapter 8

Scarlet's POV

We had been walking for about an hour and things that I had never seen before were starting to look familiar to me. We came to a stop and decided that we were at a good stopping point to have lunch. I looked over to james and nodded. This was the place, the vision of the future took place here. We had gone past the barrier, we were no longer in willows safe haven.

An hour past by and we heard footsteps in the distance. I was keeping myself from packing up and transporting us out. This had to happen. Walking menacingly out of the woods came a couple of rogues staring us down. As I thought they charged, but instead of going for james and I they went for the kids.

James and I sprung into action, our parent instincts switched on and all we could think of was protecting our children. Flames came full speed out of James's hands at the rogues. When the flames subsided and the smoke faded we believed the rogues would be dead. But instead they looked to be even stronger, the flames did not affect them. I began to try every power I could think of that I had, we tried to combined powers but nothing was working. These rogues were immortal, nothing could hurt them.

James and I looked at one another. We finally understood why we couldn't save our kids and why we had to let them go. We turned to our kids and told them to run. I put the thought of Emme back into their minds and they ran. I forged two swords for James and I out of magic steal. We had to keep fighting until our kids could get away.

We fought throughout the night until I saw our kids in the arms of Emme and her mate. James and I backed up, it was over and we knew this was the end. We didn't look at the rogues, instead we kept eye contact with each other, and held hands. Our mind link was cut off, we knew it was finished, everything went dark, and we were gone.

Before we faded completely we used the last of our strength to mind link the kids,

"We love you with all our hearts, goodbye."