Chapter 3

"Miss Y/N, we've arrived in Anaheim."

You wake up to see Andrea the copilot standing over you, smiling warmly.

You smile back widely. Today's the day. You stretch and look around the plane, and widen your eyes in horror.

"Where are all my bags? Did we leave them at the airport in Vegas?" You jump out of bed and frantically start looking around.

Andrea puts a hand on your shoulder and chuckles. "Please relax, miss. Ian has already put all of your belongings into the car and is ready to drive you to your father's house which you will be staying in for the next three weeks. Have a wonderful, safe trip."

You relax your muscles and let out a sigh of relief. You shake Andrea's hand and thank her for her kindness during the flight. You walk into the cockpit and do the same to Ron.

"Have fun on your trip," he says and waves to you as you exit the plane.

--

You and Ian exit the airport and he opens the door to a sleek black Mercedes. You smile in gratitude.

"Nice," You think to yourself.

You get in the car and he starts to drive. You look out the window and enjoy the bliss view of palm trees, beaches, people walking their dogs, and the clear blue sky. You almost can't contain your excitement and you're having a hard time trying to stop your self from smiling.

Ian looks at you in the overhead mirror. "You seem very excited."

"Yeah, I'm planning on going to this convention to see an old friend of mine. I haven't seen him in so many years and he became a popular YouTuber. I doubt he'll remember me, though." Your smile falters a little.

"What's his name?" Ian asks.

"His real name is Bryan, but people from the Internet know him as RiceGum. Didn't even know he had a YouTube until my friend told me about him."

"RiceGum? My son watches that guy's videos all the time. He's bought his merchandise and everything. All he ever talks to me about is RiceGum, RiceGum RiceGum RiceGum. What's so special about him, anyways?" He scoffs.

You laugh a bit. "Yeah, I'm not surprised your s0n likes him. He's got the greatest sense of humour and he was the only person who could ever make me laugh when I was sad. I miss him."

"Was he your boyfriend in high school?" Ian smirks.

Your eyes widen in shock. "No! We were just the best of friends and we did everything together. I lost connection with him after he went off to college in Cali. Don't get any ideas."

"Okay, okay I was just wondering. I only asked because the way you talk about him made it seem that way. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you."

You blush and he notices. You quickly cover your cheeks and you ride in silence the rest of the way.

--

Finally, you arrive at your dad's house at 11 A.M. There's a note on the door from your dad:

"Hi darling, I'm currently busy at a meeting with some of my producers. I'm sorry I couldn't be there to say hi to you when you arrived. I'll be there this evening, but please enjoy the house and have fun at VidCon. Love, Dad."

You open the door and you can't believe what you're seeing. It's a stunning penthouse with a gorgeous view of a beach and the city. There's a dazzling chandelier pendant hanging from the heigh ceiling, floor-to-ceiling windows which provide an excellent view of the California scenery, a huge white U-shaped couch surrounding an 80-inch plasma flat screen TV which sits above a cobblestone fireplace. You walk up a glass staircase to the guest bedroom. Your jaw drops in amazement.

The guest bedroom is way bigger than the master bedroom in your modest house back in Vegas. In the centre of it all is a ginormous king size bed adorned with the most fancy pillows and blankets. You dump all your luggage on the marble floor and flop onto your bed. You look to the left and see that you have a balcony. You walk out and the fresh California breeze immediately hits your face, which is the most amazing thing you've ever felt.

"This is incredible." You say to yourself as you look around.

You walk back into your room and check the time. 12 PM. VidCon starts in an hour and you haven't gotten dressed yet. You open your luggage and take out the plastic bag which contains the outfit that you planned to wear at VidCon. You decided not to wear anything too out there, so Bryan wouldn't get the wrong idea.

You enter the walk-in closet and put it on

You enter the walk-in closet and put it on. Then, you go to the ensuite bathroom and do your hair and makeup. You again wanted to keep things modest and simple, because that's just the kind of girl you've always been which is definitely one of your best qualities. You look at yourself in the mirror, and wink at yourself. You start laughing at how weird you're being.

You then walk downstairs, pick up your purse and your keys off the kitchen counter, and head make your way to VidCon.

"This is it."

Reunited (Ricegum x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara