Chapter 29

After you, Debra, Mr. Tucci and Rudy had a good amount of chat, Doakes came back from his family problem and took over your shift.

You immediately went to your apartment and gulbed down a few cans of diet coke to relief yourself with the unstoppable rage swirling inside you.

Your phone ranged, the boring beeps chanted loudly in your ears.

"What?" You barked through the microphone without even looking at the contact.

"Woah, chill (y/n), you okay?" Masuka's said with a fainted chuckle.

You sighed as you rub your forehead with your palm, "yeah, I'm just tired."

"Must be the case huh, it is kind of harsh for you to take in.." Masuka comforted. "I mean all those blood and the bodies..."

"No no no, not that, I'm fine. Just tired." You protest with a laugh.

"Yep, that's an excuse. Want me to ask if you can rest for a few days?"

"No-"

"Okay I will ask, is 2 days enough?"

"Masuka, I-"

"Okay gotcha, 2 days it is."

Before you can say more, he hanged up. Leaving you stand in the living room with a blank face on.

"What the fuck."

A while later, you were lying on your bed, face down while trying to ease the murderous feeling in your body.

The door knob of your house turned. You knew it was Dexter.

"Hey..." You greeted lazily without looking up as your voice muffled through the sheets.

"Hey, want me to update on you about the floater?" He asked as he set his laptop on the small glass table near the window where you would have your afternoon tea.

You pushed yourself off the bed as you rolled on the floor willingly while scooting your body a little by little to Dexter.

Dexter grinned as he realized the position you're in is like a crawling worm. "Is that a yes?"

"Uh huh. What about the floater?" You asked on the floor as you inched under the table.

"It turns out there's a lot people who comes to Miami every year from Cuban and such. And the cayote, the person who helps them cross wanted more and more money." He started, tapping his finger on the table.

You flipped, your face facing the transparent table from below. "Dexter."

"What?"

"You have double chins." You laughed.

He rolled his eyes and sighed. "Anyway, if the person doesn't have enough money to pay, the cayote gets rid of them. Kills them."

"So is another case for us? Did you check the cayote?"

"Nope, wanna check him tomorrow? I got an address."

"Sure. Can I have this kill?" You asked as you exited the table and sat on the floor next to Dexter's chair.

"Sure. Are you always like this if you didn't kill in a while?" He asked as he placed his hand on our head, stroking your hair softly between his fingers.

"Only alone. But if there's another who annoy me. I would be raged."

"Huh."

***

School is starting, and my sass just came back from vacation.

The next chapter will be posted like, after the school rises so it will be a long wait.

And I wrote another fanfic, check it out! It might be better than this one.