Chapter 1

It's a lovely, sunny July afternoon. You just got home from your daily run, so you go upstairs and change out of your workout clothes into a casual everyday outfit. You jump onto your large queen size bed, let out a relieving sigh, and open your new MacBook which your parents got you for graduation. You check your messages and you're surprised to see 10 new messages from your new best friend that you recently met in your last year of college.

(All messages will be in bold.)

B/F/N (best friend's name) : OMG! Y/N (your name)! I was going through YouTube and I came across this guy named RiceGum. I just finished watching his "These Kids Must be Stopped" series and he's hilarious and also lowkey cute. Have you ever watched this guy?"

Y/N: No, I've never heard of him until you brought him up.

B/F/N: What?? Have you been living under a rock or something? Everyone's talking about him!

Y/N: I've just been busy applying for jobs and I haven't been on social media that much. But I'll check him out right now since I don't have anything better to do.

You close iMessage and open YouTube.

"What could be so special about this guy? He's probably just like every other YouTuber." You think to yourself.

You type in "RiceGum" in the search bar, and you click on his most recent video titled "3MIL Q&A." As soon the ad is finished playing and you see RiceGum's face, you gasp and nearly drop your laptop.

"Bryan? Bryan Le? No way!" Your thoughts race in your head. You can't believe you're seeing his face right now.

You and Bryan were best friends in high school. You had so many memories together. He carried your bags for you when you went shopping at the mall even though he secretly hated it, he was your date to prom, and he was always there to give you a good laugh when you were feeling down. Without him, high school would have been the most boring four years of your life.

After you graduated, you two unfortunately lost contact because he moved to California to attend UCLA while you stayed in Vegas and went to UNLV. You two tried to keep in contact but you were just too busy with college and he eventually faded out of your life. Seeing his face reminded you of the good times you had together, which made you emotional and you start tearing up. You'd almost forgotten about him, but now that you've seen his face after four long years, you missed him more than ever.

After wiping your tears and getting your emotions under control, you unpause the video and start watching again.

"RiceGumSuperFan asks: "Are you going to VidCon? I wish I could meet you,"" Bryan reads the question off his phone. "Yes! I'm super excited to announce that I will be going to VidCon and I can't wait to be meeting all ,of you. Get your tickets in the description box below if you haven't already to meet me and a whole bunch of other YouTubers."

Your heart skips a beat. You have a chance to see him again and you can't let it slide. You click on the link in his description, and you find out that VidCon takes place in Anaheim, California. You're so relieved to find this out, because your dad works there as a movie director and you'd also been planning to visit him too. You pick up your phone and call your dad immediately.

"Hey, dad? It's me. I've been thinking about this for a while, and I've decided that I really want to come and visit you." You say excitedly.

"That's great honey! I'll get the plane ready and I'll have my pilots fly you over here. How's next week?" Your dad replies.

You quickly look over to your laptop and check the date for VidCon. July 15th. Perfect timing for VidCon. You smile widely and answer, "Yes, that's absolutely perfect! Thanks dad, I love you."

"I love you too."

You hang up the phone and realize your face hurts from smiling. You're going to see your best friend again.