Chapter 9

Eren's POV
I saw Levi running down the hospital's hallway and into a room two doors down from (y/n)'s room. Curious, I left my chair and peaked inside the door he went in through. I was shocked to see what I saw:

Levi was holding the hand of an unconscious Petra... And he was crying...

Petra wasn't looking that well. She was covered in bruises and burns and was hooked up to an IV and oxygen machine. Her heart monitor showed that she had a very weak heart beat. I cautiously make my way into the room, gently knocking on the door.

"Levi?" I ask. He turned to me and I saw a stream of tears going down his face.

"What?" His voice was soft and pained. I entered the room and looked at Petra.

"What happened?"

"She was in an accident. A car hit her taxi just right and sent it flying, crashing into a light post. After a few minutes of being stuck, the engine ignited and she got burned."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"They're not sure if she's going to make it." Levi's voice trailed off and he looked at his possibly dying girlfriend. I felt kinda bad for him. He mumbled something that I couldn't quite hear.

"Did you say something?" I leaned in slightly to hear him better.

"No." His voice turned cold, which I took as a sign to leave the two of them together. I left his room and walked down to (y/n)'s. Mason wasn't there, so I assumed that he left at her request.

"Is everything okay Eren?" (Y/n) spoke as loud as she could, which wasn't very loud.

"Y-Yeah, everything's fine." I replied. I came into her room and sat down by her.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Why... Were you holding my hand?" I was surprised by her question. I understood why she asked, but what should I say? Should I tell her the truth or lie and say that I was surprised I was holding it too? Would she believe it?

"Well," I put my hand to the back of my neck and rubbed it nervously, "to be perfectly honest with you, I was really worried. I-" I stopped myself short. I didn't want to say the entire truth.

"You what?" Her lovely (e/c) eyes began to sparkle in a way I've never seen before.

"Nothing. Really." I mumbled.

"Okay then..." The sparkle in her eyes disappeared. Was it something I said? Did she want me to finish? I feel like I made a mistake or something.

"So, do you know when you'll get discharged?" I inquired.

"Oh crud!" (Y/n) frustratedly growled. "I have a party to go to later today. I don't know when they'll let me out." Disappointment flooded her face. Well, probably more anger if anything. She sighed and looked at me pleadingly.

"I really hate to ask, but could you..." Her voice went quiet and I couldn't hear what she said.

"Can I what?" I leaned in closer to (y/n). She sighed again and repeated what she said.

"Would you go to the party in my place?"

"Oh, sure!" I was actually a little excited about it. I've never really gone to a big party to perform at before. I've only done really small events. From what I understand, she's incredibly talented with her work and is well known through out New York. Could I really take her place?

"Can I ask another quick favor?" She softly asked sleepily.

"Yeah, anything you want."

"Could you find a doctor? I wanna know when I'm getting out of here."