FIVE

CHAPTER 5 || FREAKY WITCHES

Hayley and Emilia sat in the same room, though doing very different things. Hayley was sitting cross legged on the floor, a thick leather book resting in her hands - the types of books that Emilia actively avoided. It was slightly amusing to watch Hayley snoop through Elijah's stuff.

Emilia laid sprawled across the bed, a laptop in front of her. She suspected that it was Klaus' and she had yet to discover the passcode. She huffed and typed in another random word which was once again wrong. She groaned and closed the laptop in annoyance. She closed her eyes and listened to the voices downstairs.

"I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!" Emilia heard Rebekah whine from downstairs. That statement was easy to believe. She reopened her eyes and got off the bed. Hayley didn't look up from her snooping as she left the room - she believed it was Elijah's room.

She looked over the banister and saw the siblings talking. She walked down the stairs, listening to the conversation.

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility." Klaus smirked and then caught sight of Emilia descending the stairs. "They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child!"

Rebekah rolled her eyes. "Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the girl carrying your hybrid bun in her oven."

Emilia narrowed her eyes at the blonde haired vampire but then looked at Klaus. "Well, Emilia would like to know what the plan is."

"Well, that depends what plan you mean, love-- my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?" Klaus mocked, amusement glistening in his eyes. It was clear that he enjoyed teasing his younger sister.

Emilia's eyes widened and she stumbled backwards as Rebekah grabbed a pencil from the desk beside her and threw it with incredible strength in Klaus' direction. With little effort Klaus caught the pencil easily before it could embed itself in his face. Klaus grinned, amused by both his sister's reaction and Emilia's shocked reaction. Emilia sighed. "Stupid vampires, always showing off."

Klaus laughed in amusement and Hayley made her appearance, the leather book tucked under arm. "What's the plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother? The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?"

"In the front, if we're being specific." Klaus smirked, evidently unashamed by his questionable actions towards his brother.

"You two said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?" Hayley questioned, not attempting to hide her desire to find the older Mikaelson. Truth be told, Emilia didn't really all that much about finding Elijah. She only asked for her sister's sake.

"Okay. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy-- he's my friend. Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly--" Klaus turned to Rebekah, gesturing to her to speak. "-- Sister, please."

"And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." Rebekah revealed, seemingly nonchalant about the simplicity of the plan.
"That's... that's not the whole plan, is it?" Emilia asked, concern leaking into her words as she made a funny face. She looked between the two vampires incredulously, awaiting an explanation. "Please! Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical." Rebekah claimed and Emilia laughed in amusement. There was certainly an interesting dynamic between Rebekah and Klaus and she found it fascianting.