ONE

CHAPTER ONE || WITCHES ARE BITCHES

Emilia was small for her age, unlike her older sister who towered over her

Emilia was small for her age, unlike her older sister who towered over her. This resulted in the brunette, recently dyed blonde, to wear heels on a regular basis. An undesirable consequence of this, however, was cramping feet and aching ankles. This was why her heels lied under the bar stool that she was sitting on as she waited impatiently for her older sister who was late as per usual.

Two servings of delicious gumbo sat in front of her. One with only a few scraps left on it sat in front of Emilia, who was shovelling the last bits into her mouth and the other sat in front of an empty seat, the tempting aromas teasing Emilia's nose as she finished her serving of gumbo. She looked behind her in hopes of seeing her sister and frowned. She had been waiting ten minutes already in the deserted bar that the sister's loved.

Hayley and Emilia had not been in New Orleans for long but Rousseau's had already established itself as a favourite. The sisters, only eleven month's apart, had travelled and explored lots of what the United States had to offer. It was about the only benefit the girls had gained on their obsessive journey of finding their parents. Having been in the foster system for years it was a miracle that they managed to remain together for majority of it.

Emilia had just thought about starting Hayley's gumbo when the tall brunette arrived at the bar. The sisters looked alike, slightly less now that Emilia dyed the ends of her hair blonde, but it remained apparent that the girl's were siblings. The only huge difference between them was Emilia's green eyes and Hayley's hazel ones. Other than that the two girls shared similar facial structures, body shapes and builds.

Hayley practically fell on to the stool beside her sister and immediately dug in to the gumbo, that had cooled down significantly but she did not care. She felt like she hadn't eaten in days, though that was a lie.

"Third time in here this week."

Hayley and Emilia look up at the kind bartender, Jane-Anne, who had spoken. The brunette bartender worked regularly at the bar and had become familiar to the sisters, regularly starting conversations with them when the bar was not too busy. Jane-Anne's sister, Sophie, worked in the kitchen but rarely had time or the opportunity to talk to the sisters like her sister.

"I'm obsessed with the gumbo, Jane-Anne." Hayley confessed to the dark haired New Orleans resident. Hayley smiled at Jane-Anne before moving her gumbo away from her little sister who was staring longingly at it.

"You know, ladies in the 9th ward say my sister, Sophie, bleeds a piece of her soul into every dish." Jane-Anne joked, looking across the bar and into the kitchen where her sister was working tirelessly. Emilia grinned at the joke and attempted to steal some of Hayley's food but was nearly shoved off her stool in retaliation. Emilia grumbled to herself as she steadied herself again.