19: Lucifer-II

Lucifer's POV

Having Ava in my arms feels like complete heaven. I get the candles out of the bathroom cabinet with one arm while my other one supports her by her waist. I light up the candles and place them around in the room all the while supporting her with another. I place her on my couch and tell her that I would be back. I doesn't take rocket science to know that she is afraid of darkness. But if I want the reason behind the light I have to go. This wasn't a random thing.

As I near the elevators to check if it is only my floor or the entire building. I am stopped by a scream that sounds an awfully lot like Ava. In a blink I run towards my office following the light of my computer. The lights of the entire floor come back on and I am met with an empty office.

Ava had been kidnapped. And I am completely helpless. I do not know what to do ? I call out her name once and again but it doesn't do any good. We were the only two people here and now there's just me. I call Vincent frantically and call him here. Ava's security detail must know where she is.

Vincent arrives within five minutes along with Gabriel. I tell them everything and we call her security detail. No one shows up.

"This can mean only two things. Whoever got to her must have to pass the detail. Meaning they are dead or... they are involved in this." Gabriel says.

"He's right"

This has forced me onto a path I wanted so desperately to leave. To start a new life. Get out the dark, not many are successful and I was only because of Vincent. I was frantic and disorganized and I am never disorganized or frantic. Obviously when it comes to Ava I am vulnerable. I was sloppy in her security. And it has led to this.

"You don't get to feel bad, Lucifer" Gabriel snaps me out of my reviere.

"What the fuck ?"

"I dropped her off today you know. When she was obviously leaving your apartment. She was a crying mess and you hurt her. Does she even matter to you ?" He asks me and I snap. She means the world to me. But this makes me feel even guiltier since now I know how she felt when she left and I did nothing but fuck her and give her a good- for- nothing explanation. I didn't even apologize. It isn't jack- shit to realize I don't deserve her but I am too much of a selfish bastard to let her go. Whoever is responsible is going to die. But not an easy death. A classic Lucifer- deserved death. It will be painful and slow.

"I don't have to explain you shit. I love her. We had a misunderstanding- courtsey of Spidey- and now we are fine. She means the world to me. If anything even scrapes her I will kill everyone and lay down a river of blood, am I clear ?" I direct the last part to Vincent making it crystal clear that he shouldn't do anthing to stop me.

"Well all know who took Ava. Why are we still here ?" Gabriel asks impatiently. I can relate. His wife was taken exactly this way and we were too late to do anything about it. No one realised she was missing. By the time we did she was sent back to us but not like before. She had reached her fatal stage and it was going to be extremely painful death for her.

A ringtone interrupts my sadistic thoughts about the men who kidnapped Ava. We all turn to Vincent already knowing who it was on the other side. "Yes, Paul. Text me the location and get our men ready. It's fight to kill today. I want you there prepared in an hour along with our backup. Gather all the man power we have."

Paul is Vincent's Right Hand man. Paul is the front guy for Vincent's family. Everyone who did business with us back in the day knows that it is three brothers that run the entire family, but one brother has reportedly died and the other two are still mourning.

We were at an abandoned warehouse beside the road outside the city all working up a plan. The warehouse was the easy part. Finding Ava was the hard part. Finding Ava without alerting the security around was the challenging part. Vincent had a plan laid out. We divided in four groups each of the three led us by us three brothers and the last group was tasked to keep Spidey's men busy in the control room.

We all went in from different ways. The fourth group took the main entrance while us three took the service and the windows. This was for Ava. When Gabriel's wife was abducted we couldn't do anything but wait. We were unable to locate them but times are different now. I am here within hours. Early enough. Hope I am not late enough to save Ava. We take different routes and spread out.

This warehouse was run by a company doing illegal trade of supplies needed. While it had a huge main room it also had many hallways which was tricky if you didn't know the layout. It was shut down in 2008 and has been off for many years now. The bug in my ear buzzes. I press it once and Gabriel's voice floats through my ear, "Found her, people. Lucifer, you better get down here fast it's not looking good". My entire body freezes at that piece of information.

Vincent communicates with Gabriel, "Where are you ?"

"South of the main hall, take the door in front of the Janitor's closet and take a right and your first left door is where we are."

"Alright" this time is was me. I had to get it toghether for Ava' s sake.

I am on my way in seconds and a minute later I am in front of the said door. I hesitate to open it and in the meantime Vincent arrives. He puts his hand on my shoulder as a gesture of support and I have never been more grateful in my life for him. I open the door and brace myself.

The sight that greets me is both horrifying and heartbreaking. Ava is lying on the floor bruised and beaten to an inch of her death. Orson is going to regret his existence. I run upto her and take her head in my arms. She is so severely injured that she is unconscious and her entire face is purple and black. He shoulder looks misplaced and her stomach took a good beating.

Gun Shots are heard outside our door and I know that the war has begun.