21: Retaliation

Ava's POV

Lucifer and I shared a night full of cuddling and holding each other. He loved me. He didn't need to prove that. His fear of losing me over his past is what told me about our solid future. What he is, I can't change it. I don't want to change him. I fell in love with him just like that. I had decided to accept him just like that too. I love him.

He was literally dancing around in the room when I assured him I wasn't going anywhere. I guess I rubbed off on him too. The main part is that he is happy now and so am I. But Lucifer, Vincent and Gabriel have been particularly fishy this morning. It has been a month since I returned home and Lucifer has personally catered to my every need.

He is holed up in his office with his brothers and another guy I guessed as Paul. I was only introduced to him and that was the only time I met him. Long ago, I don't really remember his face. They are cooking something. And I am too bored to leave it alone.

Well, Operation James Bond is a go.

I tip toe to his office and make sure to stay beside the door not in front of it as it is translucent and my silhouette will give me away. The door is a little ajar. But not enough to hear what they were talking. They were murmuring. I decide to extend my hand long enough to open it slightly more but a voice has me freezing, "Babe, you don't have to knock. You can come right in." Okay then.

Operation James Bond is a no go. I repeat Operation James Bons is a no go. Mayday. Mayday. Withdraw and haul ass, agent 007. Abort. Abort. Abort this instant.

"Operation James Bond ?" A voice beside me startles me out of my distress call. I see beside me to find Vincent there clutching the doors beside him and leaning forward out of the door facing me. I didn't realize I was talking out loud before I hauled. Vincent's eyes are shining with unrevealed laughter. I should really stop watching spy movies.

"Well.. chop chop come on we have things to do. People to ruin. Plans to plan." I say non chalant and open the doors walking past him swiftly into the room to come face to face with three males rolling down on the floor with laughter. Gabriel is clutching his stomach while laughing. Lucifer looks like if he laughed any hard he would pass out. No sound coming from him. And Paul is laughing like a dying hyena. No offence but... buddy... You you need to control your laugh. It's more funny than I am.

"You bagged a good one, Knight" Paul says a few moments after he sobered up. Bagged ? What am I ? A piece of jewellery? I turn my lazer superman glare to Paul and will him to bury himself alive. But that doesn't happen. Instead he takes a moment to take me in and he breaks down laughing once again.

"Babe, come here." The same voice that forced me to abort my mission talks to me. So that was Lucifer... I walk upto him to realize he is barely holding himself toghether. He puts his hand on my cheek and rushes me to him and crashes me into his chest. He puts his lips on mine and his kiss is so gentle that it irritates me and makes me want to do it myself. But I think that if I do it... It would seem like rape. Huh... society these days.

After a few seconds I run out of patience and stop his sweet torture. "If you keep that up I will tie you to our bed and kiss you like I want to. And then I don't think I would stop just at a kiss. So if you want to keep your virginity... kiss me like you mean it" I say sternly and now Vincent has joined us. All three males are looking at me with bewilderment in their eyes while Lucifer is looking at me genuinly shocked. Our moment is broken by a man who walks in the door and doesn't notice my presence.

"Spidey is talking, Sir" he pants. Spidey ? How... I look at Lucifer and his death glare expression directed at the intruder answers my questions. He kidnapped Orson and brought him here. But my question is what is this about him talking ? Doesn't Lucifer already know everything there is to know ?

"Lucifer ?" I question and his gaze softens. Then he looks at me with plea in his eyes. Plea for me to not question him. "What is he talking about ?"

He sighs loudly. Defeated. "Spidey fucked up one of our shipments. We only brought him in about a week and a half ago. Not long. He wasn't talking about it but now he has. Babe, I am going to tell you beforehand. We are going to kill him. And I will be the one to shoot him. I have to warn you. Because take whatever time you need to come to terms with that, but tonight when I am done, I will fuck you into tomorrow. Do you hear me ? I will take you hard, fast, rough, soft, slow, gentle on every surface in my room. So keep in mind that. I can't forgive him for what he did to you and I have to punish him". He says and walks out of the empty room.

At some point his brothers and Paul must've left to give us some privacy. I watch as Lucifer hesitates a moment at the door and I am almost certain he will turn. But he doesn't and continues his stride. I don't stop him. He was brought up in this world. And this is the way he deals with things. Maybe in future it will change but today isn't the day to start. He will go behind my back and kill Orson anyway. So I'd rather it be with me knowing.

What Orson did was unforgivable. He was ready to kill me. That doesn't mean I want to see him die. But maybe, he had it coming. He took something precious from Gabriel long ago and this has Lucifer on guard. He can't make the same mistake twice. If Orson walks today, who's to say he won't come after me next or worse, Emily ? This isn't about Lucifer. This is about me. If I want to love him and spend my life with him... I need to come to terms with the fact that he will act like a caveman sometimes and I will have to let him.

Orson's death will haunt me. But maybe his death will mark the starting of a new chapter.