I can't see your eyes

I showed up to school on Monday looking worse for wear.

I've tried not to think about what happened on Saturday, but my brain betrayed me. Because no matter what I decided to do, be it sitting, standing, sleeping, watching a soccer match, playing a video game, or even taking a small step inside my bedroom...

...all I could see in my head was Phun's face moving closer to mine. Those captivating eyes of his. They are the very same loving eyes full of warmth that he has shown to everyone around him which I've grown accustomed to. But now, I simply could not avert my gaze from them. It felt as if Phun had so much he wanted to say when I looked into his eyes. I couldn't let go of these feelings. I'm too confused to  just let go and move on with my life.

After I shoved Phun away and ran off to get his medicine, I couldn't deny that my entire body was shaking. What I was experiencing was a new kind of feeling that has never happened to me before. I've never felt this way with anybody in my life. Not even with Om, who is my best friend. Even when our skins happened to make contact, it never felt like this. Not even with Yuri, who usually hangs on to me so very often. Even she had never made me felt what I was feeling.

It was a strange feeling, because I was basically swooning yet terrified at the same time. I was full of curiosity and I was desperate to find out what might happen next. But something inside me shouted that it wouldn't be possible.

Truth be told, I have never allowed anyone to get close to me at all in the first place.

After what happened, the only thing that existed between Phun and I were silence. It was as if we were so deep inside our own thoughts. Phun looked like he had a lot of things to think about. Meanwhile, I was too confused, I couldn't even make small talks with him.

A full day went by and we barely said a handful of words to one another. By nightfall, Phun has fully recovered so I drove my bike and dropped him off at his house.

We still haven't spoken or saw each other since. It's strange how weightless I feel in my chest when he's not around. To think, it has been only 4 days since this entire thing started between him and me.

It has been such an unbelievably long 4 days. It's astonishing how we were able to create all those experiences in such a short amount time. We've gone from being barely acquaintances to really close friends. It's true that us guys make friends very easily and we tend to go with the flow, but there has never been anyone who can make me trust them so much and so fast like Phun.

So much that I...

"Yo! Why the hell are you daydreaming already?!" Om's extremely loud and incredibly close voice interrupted my thoughts. This bastard is so annoying, damn it.

I try not to pay attention to him and put my head down on the table so I can pretend to take nap. However, he is onto me and grabs my neck so I'd pull my head back up. "Don't fall asleep yet! Where have you been on Friday, Saturday and Sunday? All those three days?"

He shoots a bunch of difficult questions my way. What am I supposed to tell him?!

"W–why?"

"Your girlfriend was going crazy trying to get in touch with you. You fucking turned your phone off for three days." I'm starting to lose focus on what Om is saying because I'm too busy trying to come up with an explanation that would not get Phun or I in trouble. On Friday and Saturday, I turned off my phone because I didn't want anyone to disturb Phun (since it could've made his condition worse and I really didn't wanna keep making food for him). But I turned my phone off on Sunday because...

I honestly don't know what say.

It seems Om realizes that he would never get an answer out of me no matter how much he keeps pestering because he lets out a long sigh. "For real, is there something going on between you and Phun?"