Confused

It's Saturday morning and I am the first one to open my eyes.

I said he could hold me and he definitely took advantage of that. Jeez! He's still stuck on me like a glue too! I glance over to look at his arm as I curiously think to myself as to how I laid here still enough for him to hug me. (I usually move around so much that stuff on my bed end up on the floor by morning.)

I crane my neck up to take a look at the person holding me as if I were his wife. Wait! This is not a good analogy! Take two! I crane my neck up to take a look as if I were someone who owes him money.

Oh...the first one was better? Whatever. You get what I mean. Basically, he's holding me really tightly.

I mean, I'm still trying to crane my neck to look at him from the end of his chin, but I'm not very successful. (I'm too sore.) I can only feel the shaky breaths from his nose since he's still asleep. Ah, I'm getting really warm now. The A/C is on but it might as well not be. I get in closer to Phun so I can gauge his temperature. (Stop having dirty thoughts.)

He's a lot cooler than he was yesterday. He's still a little warm, but I can tell that his fever is going down from the beads of sweat on his chest.

Well, I should go and be a good host. I try to break myself free from his stiff arms, but I barely get a chance to move before Phun wakes up.

"Huh...?"

"Let go for a second, I'll be right back." I tell him while I duck under from his arms, however their owner won't let me go free.

"Where are you going?" Why is he being such a problematic patient? -_-" I shoot him an annoyed look. "Just let go."

He lets go once he hears the sternness in my voice. Haha, as if Phun Phumipat can compete against Noh the Great! There's no way!

I roll away from his chest and catch my breath for a bit. It's only natural for anyone who has been held so tightly for an entire night to do this. I adjust the temperature and make myself a little more comfortable before I gain enough energy to drag myself out of the room.

"Just rest! I'll be back soon!" He better be resting when I get back or he's gonna get it.

***

"Nong Noh, you're up early today." P'Ann, who is technically my nanny, greets me with a cheerful voice this morning. But, is it really that early? -_-"

I look up to check the clock on the wall, it says 10 o'clock. I am up pretty early today. I'm usually not up until the afternoon, hahaha. I guess I got really hot and that woke me up. -_-"

"What's there to eat, p'Ann?" I ask about food first and foremost. This is how she knows that this is, in fact, the real Noh. I should've looked before I asked though, since she's carrying a large laundry basket. Our family doesn't have a bunch of staffs like Phun's place. We only have p'Ann and p'Im who raised me ever since I was little. We're so close that we consider ourselves siblings. At any rate, where the heck is p'Im today?

"Im bought some marinated pork from the market earlier this morning. We're thinking about deep-frying those and make a soup for you. I don't know where she went though. She might be gossiping with Aunt Daeng at the papaya salad place." She tells me as she collects a used towel that (one of) our family members had left on the sofa (most likely me, heh heh).

"Let me go put these in the wash first then I'll come back and make something for you, nong Noh."

"That's okay, that's okay. I'll make something myself. How do you make this thingy?" I quickly reply since I don't want to give her any more work to do and I also think that the sickly dude upstairs should have something lighter than fried marinated pork.