I Knew You Were Trouble

Start from the beginning

When I was done with that, we continued walking through the French-themed portion of the park.

"I didn't know you spoke French," Meg pointed out.

I shrugged. "It's a fun class at school."

Megan took a breath and said, "That's awesome."

I chuckled a little, and Megan suddenly screamed. I turned to face her, and she pointed towards the distance.

"Super Silly Fun Land!" she screamed--almost exactly like the little girl in the movie.

I looked to where she was pointing, and sure enough, the theme park from the Despicable Me movie was very noticeable. And close.

She ran over there, weaving around people like a pro. Bobby and I just followed quickly, having a harder time maneuvering through the crowd. She was so small, she made it look easy.

Pretty soon, we were playing games and checking out the store with the themed merchandise.

Bobby looked tempted to try on a Minion hat, and I watched him from a safe distance as he grabbed the hat and tried it on.

The hat was too big for his head.

It flopped over his face, and I found myself giggling a little. I was glad he couldn't see me.

He angrily took off the hat, threw it down, and stormed out of the store.

What is his issue?

I turned around to see Megan making her way towards me.

"What happened? He looked like he was starting to have fun."

"I don't know," I muttered, "but I'll talk to him later."

She nodded and said, "Okay. Hey, let's go see if the line to Jurassic Park is long."

I nodded and headed out the store, finding Bobby leaning against the outside wall and staring blankly at a ride, and the joyful kids on it. He seemed to be thinking hard; his eyebrows were furrowed and almost angry. I nudged him and said, "We're going to Jurassic Park."

He didn't even look my way, or say anything, just started walking.

I could tell he was mad at something, since it was now Megan and I who tried to catch up.

We were on the escalators that led to the lower lot, where Jurassic Park was. They were covered with glass domes, and the music they played was always Top 40. I was behind the other two, who were talking quietly about five steps below me. I gave them their space, not wanting to interfere, but grateful she was able to take the situation into her own hands.

Maybe I won't have to talk to him at all.

They kept talking, and they both seemed a little tense. It stayed that way for a while; even in line for the ride, I hung out behind them while they talked. I tried to pay attention to the videos they put on to create the mood for the ride while you were in line, but as they started getting repetitive, I kept glancing at Bobby and Megan. They were practically arguing, their hand motions rather exaggerated. He looked pretty angry, and Megan looked hurt. I wondered what was going on.

Finally, as we neared the front of the line, they stopped entirely.

And they turned away from each other.

And they didn't seem too happy to get on the ride.

I tried to enjoy it, but I kept looking over at them, their anger charging the air in our row.

No noise was made from them.

Not even at the huge drop.

I screamed along with everyone else, but they remained silent.