Azade felt bad and smiled at the maid, not wanting her to feel the way that she often did as a slave. "Run me a bath, darling. Then take the rest of the morning off, I am more than capable of taking care of myself." Azade finished. The maid nodded and walked over to the bathing room, stopping right at the door and turning back to Azade.

"Thank you." She said, a slight blush in her cheeks and a gratefulness for the rest of the morning free.

"You're welcome, uh-sorry I never caught your name?"

"Our names aren't usually given to our superiors."

"You can give yours to me."

The maid stuttered before saying it, as if she was unsure if she should say it.

"Ehsan. My name is Ehsan."

"Beautiful, just like the girl who bares it." Azade said, nodding her head toward Ehsan. The maid blushed profusely once again and disappeared into the bathing room.

Before long, Azade was already immersed into a bath of rosewater, taking in as many luxuries she could.

What if life was different?

It was a thought not foreign to her mind, often welcoming itself in her hollow spirits. Running her hand down the length of the tub, Azade wondered if she would've been lucky to experience such luxuries since birth.

If instead of being sold at birth, she would had things sold to her.

She leaned her head back against the rim of the tub, feeling her long black hair falling into the water behind her. Remembering it was a stark change to the cold rivers she used to bathe under.

'Is this what freedom is?'

Was freedom really bathing in mountains of gold and feeling warm water cradle your skin?

The former slave sunk her head to eye level, feeing calmed in the warm water. Her thoughts becoming perplexed in her own mind, she let her thoughts become blank. The rose scented soaps danced in circles around her body, comforting her in a strange but calming way.

Tilting her head back in serene pleasure, she heard something.

The door.

It opened in a flash, a man with a guards uniform standing in the door way, red with embarrassment.

"My lady! I apologize- the maid said you would be done your bath now, no-by the gods, I beg for your forgiveness" The guard covered his eyes, and possibly shook due to his fear. Azade, still in shock, bursted out in laughter over the guards reaction to her naked body.

"My, am I really that ugly then?" She teased, grabbing the cloth that was set on the steps to the tub. The guard still covered his eyes, stoic in his boyish frame. He couldn't be more than 20 years.

"No!- yo-you are beauti-beautiful, my lady." He continued to cower until Azade briskly walked over to him and uncovered his eyes for him. Reaching for his wrists, she finally met his eyes and smiled.

"Thank you, don't worry it was a mistake I'm sure?"

"Of course."