7

For the rest of the day and night Audrey hid away in her room, looking at her university supply list. She really had to do that soon. Since she was taking classes earlier than everyone else she needed to shop soon.

She overheard Alex tell Kris all about how Conor asked her out on a date and that they were going tomorrow. Alex also showed his dad all the toys that auntie Audrey bought him for being "good".

Audrey chucked to herself as Kris told Alex that if he didn't go to bed then her and Conor wouldn't go on a date. He ran to the bedroom and sat in bed waiting for his parents.

After Kris had Alex settled in he knocked on her door. Before she could answer it or even get off the king sized bed he had come in.

"You do know you're breaking the one rule I told you before you moved in?" He asked her smiling.

"I know, but I didn't think I'd feel this way about one of your teammates and friends. I feel a connection to Conor and that what we have can really go somewhere." She spoke to him gently while pulling back the duvet on her bed.

"I know. I'm only joking. I can see in your eyes the way Conor makes you happy. As long as he doesn't hurt you and keeps you happy, I'm okay with it." Kris told her, standing up and kissing her forehead.

"Thanks Kris. I'm happy you and Cath accepted me like you did. It makes my life mean a whole lot more being surrounded by people who love me." She said.

"Your welcome little sis. Goodnight and I love you." He replied before walking out the door.

"I love you too." She told him knowing that he couldn't hear it.

Audrey sat in the bed replaying the past month of her life. Graduating from high school, going on vacation with her best friends, finding out she's adopted. Processing the memories and just thinking about how she made it through all of it. Audrey went from having nobody to lean on, to a brother, a sister in law, and a nephew. Along with all of Kris's teammates including Conor.

-

Audrey sat up as she heard the patter of bare feet walk across the hardwood floor of her bedroom.

"Auntie Audrey! Auntie Audrey! Wake up, wake up! Your date with uncle Conor is today. Wake up! you have to get ready or you're going to be late!" He yelled as he jumped on her bed.

Audrey jolted out of her bed before falling on the floor. "Alex, what are you doing here?"

"Your date with uncle Conor is today, you have to get ready!" Alex was happier then she was over the date and it was kind of cute.

Audrey sat up and Alex was running out of her room in his pyjamas, wondering out loud where his hockey stick was. Audrey got up and showered and dried her hair as her thoughts wandered off into what was going to happen today. She didn't know what to expect. Audrey was of course nervous as any other girl would be on the first date with a boy she really liked.

Cath had picked out her outfit and placed it on the bed after having Alex and Kris approve it. She really was happy here. She really didn't expect to be accepted so easily and find a guy that she liked enough to go out on a date with after only a few weeks of knowing him.

Audrey put on her clothes and started on the light make up look she wanted to put on. She didn't want to look unnatural but still wanted a little colour on her lightly tanned skin. Standing up and walking over to the full length mirror Cath had placed behind the door she sighed. Did she really want a relationship right now? Well, she couldn't even answer her own question. But, she'll at least give it a try.

She heard the doorbell ring and greeting fill the quiet household as she walked down the stairs. Conor stood there with his hands tucked into his pockets watching her step down the last stair. Astonshed he walked towards her a couple of feet and took her hand.

"You look fantastic Audrey." Conor spoke.

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself." She smiled up at him.

Turning around and saying their goodbyes Audrey and Conor walked out the door and towards the Ram truck on their first date.