What if's

Leather jacket. Combat boots. Tight black jeggings. I wonder if my mum dressed like this. Dad says I look just like her. I've always got that my entire life, like I am a mini Tris. I've never seen many pictures of her though, only the one dad has on the desk beside the sofa in the living room. My mum is sitting against my dad and holding onto his arm with her head leaning against his shoulder. Their both smiling as if their lives are depending on it. It's been hard without a mum, I'll admit. Some things you just don't want to go to your dad for but I've always had Christina. Her and Uriah are now married but they had a kid first, which I don't think was expected. He is slightly older than me too but still in my year at school.

    Noah Pedrad. I think Christina always wanted a girl but Noah wasn't planned and I don't think she wanted many kids, so she kinda helped mother me. Dad freaks out if he doesn't know how to do something too.

    "Harper!" I hear from the living room.

    "Coming!" I call back and tie my hair back tightly them run to meet my dad in the living room. I run straight to him not slowing down and hug him tightly before he pulls away and holds me and arms length away.

    "You look so much like your mother." He says and brings me back into him. 

    "I know." I mumble into his chest as he lays a kiss on my forehead.

    "Rock that test" he says as he exits the door.

    "Planning on it." I smile and pull the door shut behind me.

    "Hey!" I hear as I retreat backward through the door and bump into someone.

    "Hey Noah." I greet him once I turn around and face him. "I'll race ya!" I scream and jump ahead of him, sprinting down the dauntless hallways. One thing I love about dauntless, the freedom. Noah rips me from my tho it's when I can hear his breaths behind my ear. I make a sharp turn to the short cut and head out the back, sprinting all the way to the train tracks. Noah closely follows behind as I bend down gasping for breath.

    "I beat you!" I scream at him and earn us a few glances but nobody watches too long thought. Normal life in dauntless.

   "Yeah, yeah." He grins as the train comes around the corner. I immediately sprint toward the train and jump into the first cart. Noah jumps in right after me but nobody else does.

    "Where is Bianca?" Noah asks.

    I shrug and say, "I think she said she'll meet us there."

    "Are you nervous about your aptitude test?" Noah asks.

    "Yeah, but I think I'm real Dauntless material." I smile and Noah does in return. I feel the train slow down the tiniest bit and run up to the edge, ready to jump. I launch myself out the ground and land hard on my feet.

    "Ankle burn!" I scream and clutch my ankle. I'm totally used to it but I have a plan. I feel Noah at my side and smile wickedly. I jumped up onto his back and wrapped my legs around his waist.

    "Go! Come on!" I yell and Noah groans. He always falls for this I can't even feel bad anymore. I was pretty small and he could easily throw me off but he never would. I like to think he had something for me but I wasn't really pretty.

"Bianca!" I hear Noah cry out. "My savior! Take her!" Bianca's black hair was naturally straight and ended at her shoulders. Noah gently swoops me around off his back and into his arms. I felt like a little child because Noah had broad shoulders and a tall frame while I was the opposite.

    "Nope your stuck with her." Bianca says solemnly. Bianca definitely belonged in Dauntless. She already had a lip piercing and three ear piercings on each ear. I also think she has a belly button piercing and a tattoo on her ankle. Today she had a black crop top and black leggings.