"I get it." He says, and I awkwardly wave a hand to signal my departure before leaving the hospital wing, unanswered questions still reeling through the back of my mind.

***

The next day is the same.

I spend the entire day worrying my ass off over how he's doing. I figure the only time I can visit him is around dinner.

"You can shove that ravioli down your throat as fast as you want, but it won't make Draco appear any faster." Kelsie sighs from beside me when we visit the great hall for the last time during our day.

"I am aware." I say impatiently, and continue what I'm doing.

"You need to stop stressing over this guy and calm down." She says.

"I am not even stressed! You must be joking, right? See?" I say, spreading my lips into a painful smile.

She shakes her head, giggling a little bit, and my shoulders sag, defeated. "Just go then." She says in between spurts of laughter.

She doesn't have to tell me twice. I sweep my bag off of the ground and rush out of the great hall.

***

Draco's POV -

My head falls against the back of the stiff pillow. I hate this fucking place. The food sucks ass, I have to listen to Madame Pomfrey all day, I have to be in the same room with Blaise while not beating his ass, and I'm missing important classes, like...potions. You know, I just, uh, can't miss that class.

I'm about to die of both boredom and starvation when the double doors swing open. Jennifer is standing between them, and my heart skips a beat. What the hell?

She half walks, half jogs over to my bedside, and I bite back a smile.

"Hello." She breathes, and continues on before I can respond. "I do not want to do this, but I have to, so let's just get this part over with." She drops a large stack of papers on my lap with a soft thump.

When I realize what it is, I throw my head back on the pillow in frustration. "Fuck, no! Jennifer!" I moan. She brought homework.

"I am sorry!" She squeals, and I run a hand through my hair, observing her carefully. Only then do I realize she is doing the same to me.

"Alright, I brought good news, as well." She smirks, and places a plate holding a thin sliver of chocolate cake on top of my assignments.

I reach for it as soon as it hits the surface of the papers, dying for the first taste. "Holy hell. Fuck, you're amazing." My words are drowned out as I dive into the first bite, and I don't notice the furious blush that has appeared on her cheeks.

"Seriously," I add, glancing up at her, "The food they force feed me here sucks ass."

"Okay." She finally responds, plopping down in the chair next to my bed. "I will bring you another piece tomorrow."

"Holy shit, you're-"

"If-" she cuts me off, studying my face cautiously. "You never fight with Blaise again."