(2)

Bella's POV

I just finished all my classes except for the one this morning and I was hoping to bump into Christian again. I look around but couldn't see him anywhere, this campus is huge, of course I couldn't see him.

My phone buzzes. A mess from an unknown number.

416-834-6907 : hey it's Christian

Bella : o hey what's up ?

I quickly change his number into a contact.

Christian : wanna hang out ? Maybe I can show you my house...?

Bella : yeah ok where are you ?

I lift my head up and Christian was standing right in front of me. I smile. "Hey, let's go?" He asks. "Yeah, I just have to make a quick call." I say and back away from him.

I call Leo. "Hello?" He answers the phone out of breath. He might've went out for a jog. "Hey, babe. So I can't come to your house today. Sorry." I say. "What? why?" He yells. "I'm with an old friend and I'm going to their house." I say. "You bitch! Are you fucking cheating on me?" He says, exasperated. I bite my lip and try to calm him down. "'What? No Leo I'm not cheating on you. I'll try to come visit after, promise." Try I repeat in my head.

He ends the call and I stuff my phone back into my pocket. "Let's go." I fake a smile. "Great, c'mon."

"Oh my truck is around here. I'll follow your car." I say running to Baby Blue. Yes, I named my beat up light blue pick up truck Baby Blue. The first reason cause she's my baby, second cause she's blue, duh.

I follow Christian's deep red convertible to his house. When we got there I jumped out of my truck and went over to Christian who was already at the door, unlocking it.

It was nice modern house. The roof was black and the outside bricks were tinted maroon. Inside the windows were polished clean and the walls were a light yellow. The living room had a black fluffy carpet underneath the glass coffee table. "Nice house." I comment. "You think so? I was thinking of repainting walls. Yellow isn't really my colour." He looks at the walls around his house. "I think it looks nice but it's your house you can do what you want with it."

We talk and talk and talk. I had dinner at his place and we ordered pizza. "Want anything to drink? We have Coke, Sprite, and Dr. Pepper." He pulls out a can of Sprite and opens it for himself. "Water will be just fine, thank you." I take another bite from my pizza.

He hands me my glass of water. "Thanks." I say, taking a sip from it. "We never got to talk about you. How are you? Did you move out yet?" He asks, putting down his can of Sprite.

I hesitate telling him my story but finally give in. "I'm okay. And for your second question I have to start from the beginning." I take a deep breath then continue. "So after we graduated elementary school we split ways right? You went to Harolds High and I went to Brown Secondary School. Leo and Nikki also went to Brown. A few years into high school I got back with Leo, somewhere in grade 10 I think? And I befriended Nikki at that time too. When it was time to graduate high school my parents and I had a fight. They knew and I've told them multiple times that I was going to move out and get myself my own place. But they wouldn't let me. Soon enough they got frustrated with me and kicked me out. I didn't really have anywhere to go so I went to my only friend's house, Nikki. She let me stay. I kept my stuff in her room and slept in her garage until 5 cause her parents wake up and 6 and I needed to scat. So that's how I've been living for at least a month? Then when looking around for houses and apartments. I found this place in the rural area. It was nice and quiet but not lonely. I have neighbour's around my house but what I love about my house is that a forest is right in my area so it's basically my property. So from time to time when I need to escape from reality I bring a book with me and wander through the forest at night. It's beautiful, you have to come see it at night." I smile. "Maybe I will." He comments.