Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

But the moment I set foot into his room, my worries blow away. Only a floor lamp at the corner of his room illuminates the space. It coats the place in a sensual glow, that entices me in with welcoming arms. The dark furnishings in the room are hardly of my interest. Instead, I take in the massive bed pressed against the wall in middle.

The sound of Kaden clicking the door shut from behind me draws me from my state.

Leaning back against his chest, as Kaden wraps his arms around me from behind, I inhale his enticing scent. He nuzzles into my neck, his lips close to my ear.

"Tell me, Mara...Why are you covered in Coen's scent?"

I freeze, my body going ridged under his grip. He knew. I course he damn well knew, he's an Alpha...

"I-I initiated the plan," I murmur, cringing against the feel of his grip on me harden. He twists me around, so I get full frontal view of the anger emanating off of him.

"What plan?" He ground out.

"To find your parents..." I break off.

Kaden's eyes narrow dangerously, and slowly, he begins to back me up. My feet slowly step backward, each one setting off a firework deep inside my stomach.

"I didn't agree to having his dirty hands all over you," he growls. He pushes my shoulders, and I expect to fall straight to the ground. Instead, silk sheets wrap around me, as I land on his bed.

The way he stands over me is so intimidating, I feel myself begin to shudder. Especially the way his eyes fearlessly scan my body.

"Do you have a better idea?" I question furiously. Obviously mad that I'm challenging him, he stares down at me, slowly peeling the gloves from his hands. Each inch of skin he reveals past his wrist, is like an unspoken promise.

A promise to inflict as much pleasure on my body as possible.

"For now, let's rid of every trace of him off your body," he says gently, although his tone is still hard.

Instead of questioning his judgement, I just lay within the sheets, watching my mate strip of his shirt. Beneath, he reveals hardened, raw muscles-some traced with black inked tattoos. The sight makes me press my thighs together.

Reaching my arm out, I beckon Kaden closer. All I want to do right now, I dig my nails into his back, and forget Coen for the night.

Kaden leans over me, his strong arms bracing his weight by my head. His lips, so enchantingly close, get even closer, gently pressing on mine.

The soft, whisper of a kiss surprises me. Moments ago, he was almost shaking in rage. Now, it's as if he has a flipped a switch to apply his most gentle self.

"And what do you plan to do?" I ask, as Kaden caresses my neck with his needy kisses.

He smiles against my neck, and I respond my dragging my fingers through his hair. I had ask. Whatever he wants, I want to know before we jump in.

"You will keep your purity tonight, my love," he mumbles softly. I'm surprised at myself, as I feel a slight dash of disappointment. To hide it was ever there, I use my strength to push Kaden to the side. He falls onto his back, and I'm quick to straddle my legs over his hips.

His raised eyebrow tells me he's nothing but amused.

Narrowing my eyes at him, I pull my shirt up and over my head. This gets Kaden's attention fully, as he watches me with renewed curiosity.

Tossing it to the side, I also undo my bra, letting the straps slide off my shoulders. Kaden licks his lips, eyes grazing over my chest. The intensity of his gaze stains my cheeks red, and he notices.