Chapter 2

"Hello, an outbreak has occurred in a matter of days, everyone has been told to stay in there homes and do not approach the infected, I repeat do NOT approach the infected, It seems to be a bite that kills, I repeat a bite that kills, thanks for listening and stay safe".

"Ok so we're not at home and we have no choice but to approach the infected to get out this mess" Ash adds.

"Pretty much" I say, sighing.

"What about our family's? Huh? We need to get somewhere safe... If the service isn't working we can't contact them... and transport is even limited..." Ash says nervously, making hand actions to go with her speech.

"Ok here's the plan, we wait here in the house I checked for the first few days, it seems like no ones been in it for at least a week, I'll check all the rooms for... For... Umm zombies and if there is any... Well I guess I'll take them out with this metal bat I found" I say holding up the cold, scratched metal bat I had got in the house earlier.

"Ok, I guess it's our only choice" Ash said getting to her feet.

We walked up to the part of the roof, were the balcony was, I jumped first followed by a nervous Ash...

"Ok I'm gonna scope out the house" I say looking away at Ash's jump and heading in the home.

" Ouch , Charlie! Charlie! Help, help!" Ash said.

I didn't know what was wrong with her I turned around and ran for the glass sliding doors, there Ash sat holding her ankle...

"You ok? What happened?" I ask kneeling down at her ankle.

" I I hurt it from the fall" she says removing her hand from her ankle, revealing a swollen bruise forming.

"How the hell Ash?" I ask staring at the balloon of an ankle.

"I think I've sprained it..." Ash said with pain in her voice.

"Yeah I think you have... Here I'll help you get up and I'll see if they have some frozen peas or ice to rest on it" I say grabbing Ash's arm.

She hardly made it to the worn out couch, I was really worried about her, since she'll need to be able to run... Unless...

"Ok Ash if we wait here say about two days and keep listening to the radio for any broadcasts about safes zones or anything to know about this, we could go out, your ankle should be recovered by then and we can find an abandoned car with the keys still in it and head to where ever the radio says". I say out of breath, resting frozen peas on Ash's swollen Ankle.

"Or we could use these". Ash says swinging some sort of car keys around her finger.

"They were on the couch, looks like whoever lived here got outta here in one hell of a hurry". She says grinning back at me.

"That's a great find, but we need to find what car it is, pass me the keys the now and I'll check if it's the one down there", Ash flings the keys at me.

"Ok", I say clicking the unlock button on the little keys.

"If that is the car, the car lights would flash to say it's opened".

The lights on the black Land Rover flashed.

"Hell yeah, we got a black Land Rover" I say locking the car again looking back at Ash.

"Yes! Seems like we're going to have a detour around California after all!" Ash says smiling back.

"Ok you get some rest, I've checked all the rooms, there's a double bed back there, it's yours if you want it." Ash smiles.

"Thank you" Ash says getting to her feet, or should I say foot.

"You need a hand?" I asked, she looked in a lot of pain.

"Nah it's fine, I will need to stretch it eventually, and since there's no hospitals I'm guessing, seems like we're stuck here until I recover, sorry" Ash says pouting.

"Nah it's fine gives me a chance to scope out the cupboards and drawers to find some weapons or food" I say to Ash who is now entering the room.

Ok cupboards, I watch Ash and make sure she's fine and head straight to food. I see a few cans of food but I'm not sure what they are, grabbing them of the shelf.

So we have ten different cans, seems like we've hit the jackpot, I just hope we don't run into anyone that doesn't have food because they'll probably want some which makes the food not last long...

Ok so we have two cans of fruit cocktail, one can of beans, which is a yuck and that we are not taking, I would rather starve and so would Ash, we've had a hatred for baked beans and always will.

I put the can of beans to one side checking the others, ok one can of tomatoes, ok I can deal with that, one peaches, two pineapple chunks, ok I loved pineapple and so did Ash so that was a definite, and two tomato soups which are good so yeah keep, and then one canned vegetable soup, so yeah keep.

Keep everything, part from the beans...

Even seeing them made me gag...

"Ok kitchen what weapons have you got for us" I whisper to myself.

I open the wooden kitchen drawer which is were I keep my knives, yeah knives they'll be great.

I check all the other drawers, nothing that's weapon material anyway unless you want to kill them with straws or scoop there brains out with tongs, I laughed at the thought of someone sad enough to try and kill one of those things with tongs on one hand and with the other trying to poke out its eyes with a few straws, what's the bets someone has already tried...

"Hey Charlie come see this" Ash says laughing.

I walked through to see Ash sitting on the bed looking through what looks like DVD's.

"Ha ha looks like who ever lived here was getting ready for this" she says grinning.

"Well looks like they haven't done so well" I say showing of the stuff I found and handing her the biggest knife there, since I had the bat.

"Wow you did quite well" she says looking very impressed.

"But mines beats all of that" Ash gave me a creepy grin and pulled out a small pistol with quite a bit of ammo.

"Ok you win, wow that's gonna help us so so much, well done" I say clapping with a grin.

"Anyway look" she said showing me the stash of DVD's.

"Wait so we have Zombieland, God, I loved that film one of my favourites, Shaun of the dead, another classic, wow looks like there prepared" I say going through the rest of the zombie Films.

"But not that prepared" I say starring at all the stuff they left...

"Strange, but who cares we got it now!" Ash says with a fake evil laugh.

"Wow your twenty one now and still act about eight sometimes" I said laughing.

"Anyway you get some rest I'll block up the front door and lock the sliding doors, see you in the morning"

I see my book has already got a few views, if you comment and vote I'll be sure to give you guys a follow, say hi or give me feed back on my books that would be amazing! thank you ~ Bea