Chapter Sixteen

"Okay, all of you come with me." The confused officer said. We all stepped to the side. I watched as the officers looked at us with sorrow. They were actually falling for our fake crying.

"Sir, they're all dead." The, I guess, Crime Scene Investigator said. I looked over to my mother's body and the fake tears became real. I lost her. She's actually gone and I can't do anything about it. I should have killed Alvarez when I had the chance. He ruined my life. I should have ended his.

I saw a paramedic put him in the back of the ambulance, then they drove off. I saw people taking pictures of all the dead bodies. They were putting yellow flag things with numbers on them beside the bodies. They also put the yellow caution take up.

I saw an officer take the bag out of Santo's hand and look inside. He opened the bag, then quickly closed it. He placed it on the ground and handcuffed Santo.

"Wait, don't cuff him!" I yelled and the officer looked at me confused. "He didn't take the body. The guy they put in the ambulance did." He backed away from Santo and picked up the bag. He handed it to someone, and they started to talk. When they were done, he walked back over.

"We're gonna need all of you to come to the police station. We won't cuff you all, but we need you to cooperate right now." The officer said. I looked at his nametag and it read "R. Kelly." I laughed in my head at his name.

He guided us to two police cars. Me, Dashawn, my dad, and Shawna got in the first one. Phoebe, Marc, and Santo got in the one behind us. The officer got in the car and I just looked out of the window. That's when I saw them zip up the body bag that my mother was in. Shawna put her head on my chest as I broke down. I started hyperventilating, and Dashawn pulled me closer to him. I closed my eyes and all I could do was cry. My heart was beating too fast and I started getting light headed.

"Calm down Angel. Everything will be okay." He whispered in my ear. It helped a bit. I calmed soon enough. The closer we got to the police station, I was full of anxiety again. I just didn't show it this time.

When the car came to a stop, my heart jumped. The officer got out, then opened both back doors. I got out careful not to wake Shawna. I looked to my right and saw Marc helping Phoebe out of the car. Santo angrily walked into the police station. As the rest of us walked in, I silently prayed that he wouldn't go off on anyone.

A female officer led us all into one big room. It was an interrogation room. It had a window with steel, black bars on it. There were only three chairs around a long, rectangular table, and then a huge glass window that you could only see through if you were outside of the room looking in. Minutes later, a man in a suit came in with a female who was also in a suit holding chairs. When all the chairs were in, we all awkwardly sat down. It was silent for about five minutes. We were looking at each other. Then at the officers - well detectives, and it was just awkward. Then the man began to speak.

"I'm Detective Alex Harris, and this is my partner Jordan Hill. We know you've been through something very traumatizing tonight, but we need answers. Usually we don't always have everyone on one room, but in this situation, there were exceptions. Will you all answer questions for us?" His eyes were almost pleading to know what happened tonight. . . and I'll be the one to tell them.

"I'll answer all the questions since this whole thing basically revolves around me. They're only my witnesses." I said and both detectives looked at me.

"We understand that you are Adrianna Stevenson. Your son died from a severe head injury, then his body was stolen am I correct?" Detective Hill asked and I nodded.

"Okay. Can you tell us how it all started?" She asked and I looked at her confused. Did she mean what happened tonight or what?

"What do you mean?"