The Soup Will Give You Feels

Hodgins POV

I stood in the doorway of his hospital room; not moving. He hadn't noticed me yet, or if he did he hadn't acknowledged me. I know what he did. I haven't told the others. But I know he did it. I walked over to the edge of his bed and looked at the bandages wrapped around his hands. I didn't want to imagine what was underneath. I pulled up a chair and sat down. "Hey Zack. You hungry?" I ask. He meekly coughs out. "Very." I pull out the container of soup that I snuck in from my jacket. "You want this or hospital food?"   "Definitely that." I go to hand the container to him but I stop myself. I'm gonna have to feed him. I pull the lif off the soup and find a spoon on the tray next to an unopened cup of pudding. "I'm gonna adjust your bed so you can sit up, ok Zack?" He just nods in response. I press the buttons until I get him situated, and sit back down in my chair. I get the first spoonful and bring it to his lips. He slightly parts them and I stick the spoon inside. On the next spoonful, I try to do an airplane (not like that) and end up flinging soup everywhere. Zack smiles at me. "Oops" I try to do it again, this time less aggressively. I manage to only spill a little.
------------------------------------------------------
Time Skip
------------------------------------------------------
I finish feeding him the bowl and stare at him, smiling softly. I'm gonna miss the little guy. I think back over the memories we share; over the good times we had. I think of that Christmas when we kissed under the mistletoe when no one was watching. I think of how Angela practically forced me to leave her for him. I think of our first date, how we went to the lab and Cam let us play around with equipment and do experiments. I think of how Brennan knew right off the bat; of how close her and Zack were. "Jack? Are you ok?" Zack croaks out. I look at him, not speaking a word, but saying everything through my eyes. His eyes widen when he realizes what I'm trying to convey. "You know don't you? You know that I a- I was Gormagon's apprentice?" Right as I was about to answer a knock was heard at the door. Bones, Cam, and Booth are all there, with sorrowful expressions. They ask Zack why he did it, but he doesn't answer. We're staring at each other, not speaking, but we both know what's going to happen. As the officers wheel him out of the hospital, we're still staring at each other. Right as the doors are about to close, he mouths something.

"I'm Sorry"

The end.