Pride of the Prince

The Saiyan panted heavily, sweat plastering strands of his jet-black hair against his forehead. The rest stood on end like the candle on a flame. The battle he'd waged had went on for hours, and the strain of it was beginning to show. The tyrant Frieza chuckled evilly. "What's wrong, Vegeta? Surely you can do better than that!" he taunted. 

Vegeta growled. He hadn't been able to land a single blow on Frieza since the battle began, which pissed him off royally. Why?! Vegeta thought angrily. I'm a Super Saiyan! Frieza should be DEAD by now!!! Vegeta punched the ground, leaving a dent as he did so. "Aww! What's wrong? What happened to your strength, Vegeta?" Frieza asked, smirking. Then, Frieza sneered and added, "What happened...To your PRIDE?" Vegeta growled and stood once more. Frieza punched Vegeta's ribs, causing him to cough up blood. Vegeta's student, Ammara was forced to watch from the sidelines as her sensei was knocked down repeatedly.

Ammara shut her eyes tightly, not wanting to watch her beloved sensei get slaughtered right in front of her. This isn't my fight, she thought as she remembered her sensei's request (actually it was more of a DEMAND than a request). "Stay out of this, Ammara! This fight is between HIM and ME!" Vegeta had ordered her. I...I must let Vegeta Sensei fight this battle on his own, Ammara thought. "Stay out of it... It's between Frieza and Vegeta Sensei... Stay...Out...Of...It..." she said, tears flowing down her face. Ammara watched as Vegeta was once again knocked down by Frieza.

Ammara clenched her fists as Vegeta's scream of pain reached her ears. "Stay out of it..! Vegeta Sensei can handle himself..! Stay out of it!" Ammara chanted this mantra over and over again, until finally, she could bear hearing Vegeta's screams no longer. "THAT'S ENOUGH!!!" Ammara yelled furiously. 

Then, Ammara flew up to Frieza and stood beside Vegeta. "Y-You MONSTER!!! STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!!!" she yelled, taking her fighting stance. Frieza paid her no mind and started toward Vegeta. "J-JUST LEAVE VEGETA SENSEI ALONE YOU BIG BULLY!!!!" "Ammara, no..! St-Stay BACK!!!" Vegeta pleaded. "You have... no idea...what you're...up against!!!"

Frieza pointed a Death Beam at Vegeta's heart and Vegeta was on all fours trying to recover from his earlier injuries. "ENOUGH!!!! YOU'VE HURT SO MANY PEOPLE TODAY!!!! AND I'M NOT GONNA LET YOU HURT ANYONE ELSE!!!!" Ammara yelled,charging at Frieza. Frieza chuckled. "You aren't going to LET ME?!" He said mockingly. "Oh! Isn't that CUTE!!! Your student has a sense of HUMOR Vegeta...Though, just like you, she ISN'T funny!" 

Ammara had her eyes closed and ran up to Frieza. "NO!!! STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT!!!!" Frieza's eyes narrowed and he turned to the eight-year-old Half-Saiyan. "Don't interfere..! YOU HALF-BREED MONKEY BRAT!!!!" he yelled, throwing the Death Beam that was meant for Vegeta into Ammara's chest.  

 Ammara hit the ground slowly as she wheezed and coughed up blood. Vegeta gasped and ran over to where Ammara lay with a small hole through her heart. "NO! You IDIOT!!! This is why I told you to STAY OUT OF THIS!!!! What in Kami's name were you THINKING?! You and your damned sentimentality!!! I TOLD you to let ME handle this!!! Why didn't you listen to me?!" Vegeta cried out in anguish. 

Ammara smiled and coughed up more blood. "V-Vegeta...Sensei... D-do you... know what...a warrior...REALLY is?" Vegeta shook his head, playing along with Ammara's final moments. "I-it's someone... who...always does...what they...think...is r-" Ammara stopped to hack up even more blood.

"Sh-shut UP!! Do you want to DIE?! Because if you keep TALKING, that's what's going to HAPPEN!!" Vegeta yelled angrily. "N-No!!! L-let me....FINISH...Sensei..!" Ammara said defiantly. "A w-warrior...is someone who...does... what they.. think..is r-RIGHT..." Vegeta noticed that at that moment, Ammara's breathing began to get slower, as did her heart rate. Please don't die Ammara..! It'll be MY fault if you die! Vegeta thought.