Letters | Bucky Barnes

Dear Bucky,
I apologize in advance, for I am feeling very poetic today. But you see, my love, I was digging around our house earlier today, and a box caught my eye.

It was dusty and the cardboard was delicate from old age, but when I opened it, a sudden wave on nostalgia hit me.

I had no idea my wedding dress was still intact, let alone under our bed.

And then I sifted through some more, and realized we have spent nearly out entire honeymoon with you off in the war.

So, I ask you, when you come home, may we go somewhere other than home? Take me to the Capitol, and we'll spend a few days there, just in each other's company.

Missing you like crazy,

(Y/N) (L/N) Barnes

Dear (Y/N),
Sorry I've been gone for the first month of our marriage, doll, but you know how it is. I would give up my life to protect you and this country.

I can't promise you that we'll head anywhere when I get home, but I'll promise you this: when I get back, I will make everything up to you.

Oh, by the way, how's Steve doing? Still trying to get recruited? Tell him if he continues, I'll knock some sense into him before we head off to the Capitol, or whatever we do.

Missing you too,

James Buchanan Barnes

Dear Bucky,
Well, Steve has still been trying. He actually got recruited while I was at work! He's training in a camp right now, and his asthma keeps acting up.

I wish you were here. He never listens to me, you know that boy!

Anyways, my love, just wanted to let you know I love you, and happy three month anniversary.

I've been your wife for twenty-five percent of a year,

(Y/N) (L/N) Barnes

Dear (Y/N),
What?! Steve's in the army?! Since when?!

Anyways, I should probably not waste my ink, paper, and time ranting about the Stupidity of Steve.

How are you, my love? We're about to go on a mission, so I might not respond for a week.

I have to go now...

Love,
Bucky Barnes

Dear Bucky,
You're going on a mission? Where? When?

And anyways, I have some very exciting news to tell you when you get home.

Just wanted to tell you, although you'll be receiving this letter days after, but happy anniversary.

Love.

(Y/N) Barnes

Dear Bucky,

You haven't responded in a month... Is everything okay?

Steve was sent out to help your division. At least, that's what he told me, but I'm all alone now.

Well... Not entirely alone.

My surprise still waits for you. It'll be waiting for seven more months.

I love you,

(Y/N) Barnes

Dear Mrs. Barnes,

We regret to inform you that Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes of the 107th army division, stationed in Germany has been reported Missing In Action. Our condolences go to you and your family. A memorial burial will be held on date: (TBA).

Sincerely,

General Chester Phillips