Cheater | Clint Barton

I think I did pretty good with this one!
Hope you like it...

You walked into the Stark Tower, about to surprise your boyfriend of just over two years. He had just arrived home from a mission that took two months, and you missed each other dearly. With Tony's permission, you made your way into the lobby of the Stark Tower, careful to avoid contact with anyone who might tell Clint you were there.

You walked into the elevator and was greeted by FRIDAY, who knew what you wanted, and took you up to the floor where all the Avengers were gathered. Even if you asked, you would have had no idea what floor to go to, seeing as you've only been to the Stark tower twice before, all of which were parties.

You exited the elevator, thanking the friendly AI and into the tower's main living room (this was the usual party area), searching around the floor for Clint.

The room was surprisingly empty, and you decided to search deeper into the tower to find him.

You entered a hallway, quietly creeping across to floor, not wanting to ruin your surprise while simultaneously keeping an eye out for Clint.

You turned a corner and saw your boyfriend's back, so you quickly hid back behind the corner and peeked your head over.

He was talking animately to a girl, who seemed to be in her early twenties. Another woman with fiery red hair walked up to Clint, smiling. He told them something, and the younger girl squealed and the red-head jumped on him, kissing his cheek and hugging him tightly around his neck.

Your eyes watered and you stepped around the corner, and into the small glass room.

"Clint." You called out.

He froze slightly in place and so did the two women. He turned on his heel, and walked up to you. "Hey, (Y/N)-"

"Don't give me that crap." You snarled, surprising both him and the two women.

"(Y/N) I understand if you don't want to take it a step furt-"

"Of course I don't want to take it a step further!" You slapped him across his cheek, and the younger girl gasped. Her eyes were glossed a little red. She was an enhanced, but you didn't care at that moment. You just wanted to leave:

"I trusted you," you whispered, utterly broken. You ran out of the room before your knees could give out in front of Clint.

Clint turned to Natasha and Wanda, alarmed and confused.

Wanda's eyes were widened, and showed a state of frenzy.

"She thought you were cheating on her with Natasha!"

Clint understood and ran off after you.

/

You were throwing clothes into your suitcase when the front door opened.

"Babe?" Clint called out.

You stayed silent and continued angrily throwing clothes into your bag, ignoring the fact that they would be seriously wrinkled later on.

He walked into the bedroom. "I need to explain this to you."

"There's nothing to explain."

"(Y/N), if you would just let me-" he started, only to be cut off by you.

"No." You turned around, shoving one of your sweaters into his arms. He stumbled back, surprised by the violence. You had never been a person to resort to force. "No, Clint. I'm done."

He dropped the sweater and grabbed your arm. "The one who kissed me was Natasha Romanoff. The one I keep telling you about? I told her something, and she got excited, and kissed my cheek. We aren't together, (Y/N)."

"Then what did you tell her?" You asked sarcastically, still not believing him.

He paused for a few moments, obviously not prepared to answer the question. Just as you were starting to pull away from his grip, he sighed. "Screw it."

He dropped to one knee, pulling a black velvet box out of his pocket and opening it. "(Y/N), will you marry me?"

Your mouth dropped, and you sucked in a breath, incapable of releasing any words at that moment.

"You told them you were going to propose? That's why they were so happy?" You asked, your eyes watering and your voice breaking.

He nodded.

"Then yes!" You jumped forward, wrapping your arms around his neck, and tackling him to the ground. You met in a passionate kiss, him sliding the ring into your finger as he pulled you closer.