She examined her room. It wasn't too big which was honestly no surprise. The Alpha would never give her a luxury room when she is a rogue. It had a king sized bed, a simple white desk with a lamp, a wardrobe and a bed side table. The rest of the room was empty. At least then she could decorate her room...

Clara heaved the bags over to the wardrobe, planning to organise her very little clothes into the very big closet. She thought this would be a good time to contemplate as she went on to complete this utterly boring task.

What was she thinking about, you may ask.

Well, in short, she was contemplating about the aspect of life and death, pain and torture. What else would an abused, almost broken girl think of?

Her mind couldn't help but wander back to her old pack. What would they be doing now? Would they even notice that she's gone? Well of course they would. They can't do a goddamn thing right without their slave serving them hand and foot.

The only thing she regrets is leaving poor Jacob in that wretched place. He was the only good person in that hellish world. If only she could've helped him escape with her too. Maybe, one day, she can return to him and bust him out.

But right now, her main focus was to actually survive in this new place. She currently had mixed feelings about the new environment. On one hand, she feels oddly safer here however, she still wasn't sure about living in the same house with the bipolar Alpha. Although Lynnette, who Clara recently found out was the Alpha's younger sister, was a great company, she was soon travelling to Scotland so it was impossible for her to actually 'hang out' with her.

Then there's the Alpha. He's so... He's so... URGH! There was something about him. He was moody, he was rude, he was a hypo-, hypocr-, whatever, he was annoying. But he was just so perfect. When he saved her, it felt like her whole world stopped. The way he protected even though she clearly meant absolutely nothing to him. And he was just drop dead gorgeous.

Clara shook her head.

He's an Alpha. You should NEVER fall for an Alpha.

She kept mentally scolding herself for being so childish to just fall for a man just for his good looks. Looks can be deceiving. That was one of the many things she learned.

But honestly, it wasn't just because he was good looking. It was his manliness and masculinity but at the same time, playfulness especially when he made that deal with Lynnette. The way he wasn't afraid to give out his opinion, even to a rogue.

What was this feeling? She's never felt this before. She was so confused. Her mind kept switching from one end to the other, unable to make its decision. Did she... Did she like the Alpha?

Clara had no definite answer which scared her. It terrified her knowing the fact that she was falling for him. Even if it was just that tiny little stubborn part of her mind that wanted him, she knew that that little part would soon increase and the feeling would be much worse.

Her pent up anger started surfacing as her arms were now unconsciously shoving her new clothes strongly into the wardrobe, forgetting her plan of actually folding it neatly.

Why her? Why did these feelings have to come now? Why couldn't it befall on some other girl? She already had enough on her plate and now, the Moon Goddess decided to add more onto it.