Chapter 11

When the driver finally arrived to my house in the hills of California, I was relieved to be back.  I felt more than over come with joy to see my house again. It seems like it's been over a decade since I've been here. I'm usually over Melissa's place, sometimes Jenna, or just traveling and getting projects done. I looked over to the driver who gave me a small smile. 

"Have a wonderful rest of the evening Ms. Rihanna, It was my pleasure of serving you on this fine night" He tipped his hat off to me. 

"Thank you so much. I'm still terribly sorry for you keeping you on the job for so long." I said as I left him money along with a bonus tip. 

"Don't be sorry. It's not often I come across a beautiful celebrity such as yourself" He said with a grin. I smiled and waved as I pressed the pass code into the locked gates that were there before I could get into my house. The driver pulled away and was off into the distance as I made my way inside.  I only had a little while until Drake was to come and pick me up, maybe even few.  My mind was still wrapped around the fact that Chris adopted the baby we had together and after so many years, he finally decided to tell me. 

I felt like he knew what he was doing. I sat down on the couch and put my face in my palms. I was starting to stress my self out. My phone began to vibrate and I checked to see who it was. Drake was calling and I felt my heart drop. The urge to tell him about the situation was burning in my mind but I didn't have the strength to tell him. I pressed the answer call button. 

"Hey Drake, you on your way?"

"Buzz me in, I'm actually at the front gate" I then felt my heart drop further down into my stomach. 

"Oh, alright." I said as I ended the call and went over to the keypad where the button was to opeen the gates. I peaked through the curtains to watch his car come pulling up in front of my house. I took a deep breath before setting my phone down onto the table and I opened the door. He came out of the car with a big smile on his face along with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. 

~Drake~

~Drake~

For some reason, I couldn't stop smiling. I knew my happiness of seeing her again was overpowering me and it showed. When I see Ri, I just get a whole different feeling like no other woman can give to me. I shut my car door and walked to where she was standing. She looked a bit off like she was in deep thought. 

"These are for you" I said as I handed her the flowers. She gave me a smile and took them. 

"Thank you Drake, these are beautiful" She said as she moved away from the door to let me in. 

"Not as beautiful as you" I said as I closed the door behind me. Her place was just as I remebered it. 

"So what fancy restaurant we going to tonight?" She asked while putting the flowers into an empty vase. 

"Change of plans, how about we go to Toronto?" I asked her. She turned to look at me in confusion. 

"You want to go on a date in your hometown?" 

"We are going to be there longer than a night....I just want to get out of L.A and if I do I want it to be with you" I said while walking over to where she was standing. 

~Rihanna~

~Rihanna~

I was a little unsure about the situation but I needed to getaway from here. I needed to clear my mind. This was my golden opportunity to forget about what just happened a couple hours ago with Chris. 

"Alright let's do this" I said as I put my jacket on. 

"Do you need help packing?" He asked so sincerly like he really wanted to help me with it. 

"Yes I do, could you get my suitcase out of the closet over there and meet me in my bedroom" I said while walking away. 

"No problem Ri, I got you" He said. I walked down the hall towards my room and opened the door. I felt like I haven't slept in here in months. I opened my closet to see what I had. It was a walk-in closet so I had plenty of items to choose from. A few minutes later, Drake came into the room. 

"Just throw anything in here, we are going to be staying for a week" 

"Hmm, well could you get those dresses of the hanger over there and the shoes next to them" I asked. He hurridly came into the closet and got what i asked him to get. He was such a sweetheart. About 40 minutes has gone by and my bag was all packed up with a weeks worth of clothes inside. 

"Ready to go? We still have plenty of time to get to the airport" I nodded and he took my hand in his. I could feel my heart rising. His touch always made me feel so good inside. Better than Chris could ever make me feel. He let go of my hand to put my suitcase in the trunk. 

"The door is unlocked so you can just hop on in" I smiled and opened the passenger seat door then got inside. I can't rememeber the last time I was even in his car. This also felt like months, or more like years. He got inside soon after and turned to look at me. 

"I'm glad you agreed to go with me. I wasn't sure you would say yes..." He said as he started the car. 

"What made you think that?" I asked while looking at him. 

"You've been way different since you came back from the barbados, like somethings changed about you and I'm not quite sure. You seem like you want to stay to yourself more than usual" 

"Yeah it's just..." I almost came out with what really has been bothering me but my phone began to ring. I looked at the caller and it was Chris. What the hell could he want right now? 

"You good? You're looking at the phone in distraught" 

I turned to look at him with a fake smile. "I'm just fine. It's just my publicist calling me again. I already told her I was going on another mini vacay before I started working again" 

He smiled and nodded. "Oh alright, yeah, let everyone know you are going to be busy for a week" 

"Already on it" I said before turning back to look at my phone. I hated lying to him like this but bringing up Chris and Royalty was going to be bad timing. I didn't want to ruin anything already, we are on the path of rekindling our relationship hopefully. At least that's what I'm getting out of this whole getaway trip. 

~Short Chapter for now~