Chapter 9

~Drake~               

The kiss with Rihanna lingered on my lips for as long as it could. I was feeling some type of way about it. I wanted to go out there and run after her before she reached her car and was on her way but with Layla being here, she held me back.  All I could think of was Ri at that moment while Layla was talking about whatever. 

"Are you even listening to me Drake?" Her words finally became clear to me when I came back to reality. 

"Oh oh yeah yeah" That's all I could say and she crossed her arms feeling a little annoyed.

"Why are you so distracted all of a sudden? Is it because of the conversation you had with Rihanna? or prehaps that kiss you two exchanged..." 

My eyes widen when she said that and all I could do was look at her. She shook her head and grabbed her purse. "It wasn't even like that Layla..." I said but she wouldn't listen to me. 

"I know you still love her Drake, you will always love her and it will always be her that you want" She began to tear up but she didn't cry immediately. 

"You're right about that, but that's why I'm giving us a chance, I told her I needed to move on. All we do is fight Layla, not healthy at all for a relationship" I said as I took her hand in mine. 

I wrapped my arms around her and held her close to me

I wrapped my arms around her and held her close to me. I wanted to reassure her about my feelings for Ri but this all seemed wrong to me. No matter how hard I tried to push those feelings for her to the side so I can feel something new for Layla, they block. I was getting annoyed with myself and Ri showing up here just put me back into the cycle I was trying so hard to break from. 

~Rihanna~

The whole car ride home, I could still feel the kiss I shared with Drake on my lips. I smiled to myself feeling much better. I could tell he still loved me as much as I have always loved him. I then sighed and shook my head. The timing was all fucked up because he had that girl in the way of us possibly reconnceting with each other. I was broken out of deep thought when my phone buzzed. I checked to see if it was Mel or Jenna but it was from an unknown number. 

-Text message-

Who is this? -Rihanna

...

This is Chris Ri, we need to talk.

-End of text messages-

I paused for the longest time when I saw that name pop up in the text message. I didn't know what he wanted or what he wanted to talk about. Chris and I began dating as soon as Drake and I broke up. Maybe like a week after I hooked up with Chris and we had our little fling that lasted a good two years. 

-Back to text messages-

What could you possibly want to talk about Chris? -Rihanna

Just come swing by my place and I will show you...-Chris