Chapter 13, Lies?

Lila was upset, more than upset she was embarrassed.

Sure, she wasn't Italian royalty, nor did she know that many people in Hollywood.

But she was best friends with Ladybug. She was.

They talked everyday, they talked on Instagram, Snapchat, and other things.

She even came to France just so she could talk to her more.

Lila even learned to dance because Ladybug encouraged her.

That night she went to club. She wasn't excited to see Ladybug anymore.

"Hey Ladybitch," she said. "You're dead to me."

"What did you do to make her dislike you so much?" Chat Noir asked.

"Nothing!" Ladybug exclaimed.

"Really?" Chat Noir asked again.

But she did do something. She made Lila mad.

"I thought you were my friend," Volpina cried.

"Friends? I don't know who you are?!" Marinette exclaimed.

"You were the reason that I danced," Lila commented. "I thought you were amazing!"

Volpina grew silent, and then looked up with a sad smile.

"But now I know that I'm better than you, I would never be so selfish!" She yelled and threw a kick at Ladybug.

"I didn't do anything! You were the one who lied!" Marinette countered.

"I didn't lie!" Tears were welling up in her eyes. "I talked to you everyday!"

She held up her phone as proof, hundreds of messages, all from Ladybug, but they weren't from her.

"Lila wasn't lying?" Marinette whispered.

"My life sucked! Why do you think I came here?!" Volpina shouted before running out of the club.

"Wait, Lila!" Ladybug called and ran after her.

But she lost her, so Mari decided to head to the dorms.

"And where were you? Miss.Dupain-Chang?" The floor monitor asked her when seeing her exit her room.

"I was uh-" Marinette started. She really was going to go and try to find Lila, but that wasn't going very well so far.

"She was in my room," Lila said. "Sorry, she was telling me about classes."

It was evident that Lila had been crying, her eyes were red and her eyeliner smudged.

"Okay then," the monitor replied before walking to the next room.

"Thanks," Marinette said. "You saved me."

"It's funny how I'm a no good liar until it helps you out," Lila commented blandly. "See you in class Ladybitch."

Lila waved her hand and walked away.

But Lila figured it out.

Lila knows that she is Ladybug.