Chapter 3, Partnering

"I would like if this you you would keep the same partners from last year," the dance instructor stated.

"Ugh, but-" Chloé started. "Adrien is new, he needs a partner, and I volunteer!"

"Silence," she stated. "You won't build any partnership with only a years worth of practice."

"But-" she started.

"If I recall, Miss.Dupain-Cheng did not have a partner last year," she paused. "Am I correct?"

"Yeah," Marinette replied.

"Good, then you can be partners with Mr.Agreste, problem solved," she said sternly.

Mari looked over at Adrien and he smiled at her, she quickly turned away so he couldn't see her blushing.

"Please, go to the barre so we can warm up,"

They did their plies and tondus, fondus and grande battmas.

After doing some centre work they did a waltz.

They changed into their pointe shoes and began the basics again.

"One, two, three and beurré, now promenade," the rhythmic clapping filled the room.

Marinette did a first arabesque and Adrien turned her. It was really hard for her to concentrate, she felt dizzy.

Her ankle gave out and she fell out of it.

"Sorry," she whispered as she kept going.

"Don't worry about it," Adrien smiled.
-
"How did it go?" Alya asked Marinette.

"How did what go?" Marinette responded.

"Dance," Alya said. "You have a partner."

"Yep," she popped her lips and looked down at her literacy assignment.

"Who?" Alya asked.

"Adri-"

"Adrien?!" Alya whisper shouted. "Wow, and I thought that you would just act awkward and giddy around him."

"Well, you're not wrong. I was awkward," Mari chuckled.

"How did you become partners?" Alya questioned.

The teacher shushed them.

"We were the only ones with no partner last year," Marinette explained.

"I have good news too," Alya told her.

"What is it?" Mari asked.

"I know what I'm going to report on," Alya replied. "There are two teens, they were dancing at a club last night and made the news."

"Really?" Marinette said.

"Yeah, Ladybug and Chat Noir. No one knows who they are, if I figure it out, I'll get a good grade for sure," Alya smiled.

"Chat Noir and Ladybu-" Marinette stopped, that's her. She didn't know how good of a detective Alya is, but if she found out Marinette would be expelled for sure.

It was just going to be a one time thing, but she had a lot of fun and wanted to go back, now she would have to be really careful.
-
"Have you heard of Ladybug?" Nino asked Adrien.

"Ladybug," he sighed. "Yeah, she's awesome."

"So you've heard of her," Nino chuckled. "Man I wish she could dance to my DJ music, but if I'm caught, that will be rough."

Adrien laughed nervously, "yeah." If they got caught it wouldn't be good. But still, later that night he was going to go.

He couldn't wait to see Ladybug again.