Chapter 21: Shrine of the Seal Part 4 Water

It was a square room, which was almost entirely filled with violet water. The only uncovered spot was a little platform in the bottom right-hand corner, at which end a gray stone lantern with one eye stood. Within the water were three small whirlpools, which changed their positions every now and then. Apart from that a huge trunk, which was located in the center of the room stuck out from the water while rocks were spread around it. The passage, that led to the next room was in the back of it.

''What do we do now?'' Alan asked while looking around until his gaze rested on the lantern.

''I think Amaterasu-san could use the Celestial Brush Technique Water Lily.'' Manon suggested.

''We can't use this technique this time.'' Issun said.

''Why not?'' Manon asked puzzled.

''Because it's poisonous water. Which means, that the water lilies would dissolve before we could use them.'' Issun replied explaining.

''But how are we supposed to cross the water if that technique doesn't work here?'' Manon asked.

''I think, that this lantern can help us. Amaterasu only needs to use Power Slash on it like last time, right?'' Alan answered while pointing at the lantern in front of them.

''You're right.'' Issun said smiling. He's slowly getting used to these things.

''So furball, you know what to do.'' Issun said still smiling.

Ammy barked in response and froze the time. Then she drew a straight line through the stone lantern. When time moved on, it was hit by an invisible blade and its eye widened in shock before closing it.

Once it did this, the violet water turned blue and a slow ticking noise could be heard.

''Wow! The mechanism of the lantern cleared the water. Now Amaterasu-san can use the technique.'' Manon stated cheerfully.

''You're right. But we better hurry.'' Issun said.

Hearing this, Manon looked at him while tilting her head in confusion.

Seeing her look Issun raised his voice to explain:

''Well, I don't think, that the effect of the mechanism will stay permanently and that the speed of the ticking we hear informs us how much time we have left before the water turns poisonous again.''

After his explanation, Manon nodded in understanding before Ammy froze the time to draw a circle on the water. When time moved on a water lily floated on the water. Right after that, Amaterasu froze the time again to create a second water lily.

Once that was done, Alan and Manon carefully stepped on one of them while Ammy jumped with Issun on her back on the other. Then Alan and Manon sat down before Amaterasu froze the time. She drew a loop with the tip of her tail, which created a strong gust and moved the water lilies forward when the time moved on.

She did this a few times when one of the whirlpools suddenly appeared right under Manon's and Alan's water lily and the ticking got faster.

As soon as that happened their water lily began to spin around.

''How do we stop this?'' Alan asked feeling slightly dizzy.

''There's nothing you can do to stop it. You only can wait for the whirlpool to change position again.'' Issun answered.

Alan sighed at this. Great. We don't have time for this. We have to reach the next room before the water turns poisonous again and dissolves our water lilies.