36; Sugar, mustard sweatshirts, and broken friendship

Start from the beginning

Betty waves him off. "We were just coming over to ask if you had some sugar," she smiles sweetly.

"Sugar?" Louis spits. "That's what you came for?"

"We have some," Avery smiles, standing to her feet. "Follow me."

She leads the couple into the food tent and everyone's left in an awkward, embarrassed state. It's no lie we just screamed our hearts out before.

"Well," Liam says, and I had totally forgotten he was even there. I try and search for him and then my stomach drops as I realise he's sitting next to me. Right next to me. Why didn't I grab his arm? I hope he didn't see me clinging onto Zayn's arm like a leech. "That was interesting."

Avery and the couple walk back out and they bid a hundred goodbyes and apologise a hundred more times before disappearing through the bushes. She doesn't help the awkward silence.

"How much sugar did you give them?" Niall asks her.

"All of it," Avery smiles proudly.

"All of it?!" Louis shrieks. "You idiot! We need that!"

"Hey!" Niall cries in defence. "Don't you ever call her that."

"Relax, we can get some more," Liam reasons. "It's been a big day; I think we all desperately need sleep. You know, after our little scare."

"I wasn't scared," Harry snorts.

"Oh, come on," Zayn says. "Don't try and act cool."

"Oh, and you're one to speak?" Harry cries.

Zayn just looks at him. "Excuse me?"

"You think we all fall for this I'm-so-cool-I-wear-a-tacky-leather-jacket shit? We all know you're no where near who you claim to be."

Zayn stands up. "You wanna go, mate?!"

"I'd like to see you try, man," Harry snaps back.

"I'll take you on and your cat. I know you have one," Zayn fights.

"Okay," I stand to my feet, getting in the middle of the two, "let's just calm down."

"Calm? How can we be calm with all that's happened today!" Louis cries. "Those fucking Americans-"

"America is a great country!" Niall defends.

"How would you know?!" Louis throws his hands up in the air. "YOU'RE FUCKING IRISH!"

"They just wanted some sugar," Avery pipes in, crossing her arms.