CHAPTER 26

A/N -Check out the song "true colours"  by zedd and kesha in the media box when you read this chapter.

I know i'm very late and irregular with this update, hopefully this really long update helps make up for it.
Warning - mature content ahead. Do not read if you are uncomfortable with physical moments.

A/N- This chapter is dedicated to tuhinachatterjee and shinneycrystal.

a special thanks to scarlet_prii and @Enchanted_Boo for all you amazing comments.

I keep shifting my eyes from the clear open road which was filled with beautifu trees and damien who kept his eyes on the road. He was sobered up now and we were currently driving up to a cabin which he used to go to with alex when they were kids.

I rested my arm on the window which were completely rolled down, letting the wind caress my hair. There was something about this long drive in this open clear road, which always excited me. maybe it was the numerous trees which passed by, maybe it was the cold wind caressing my face or maybe it was the sun shinning brightly but i loved the feeling of it all. i hummed for a second taking everything in. i took my hand back in and found that damien was looking at me for a second before he averted his eyes back on the road. I smiled at him and kept my hand back on the window as memmories of last night flooded my mind

(7 hours ago)

We stayed like that for a while, just holding each other in a tight hug silently. he broke the hug first, he struggled to maintain balance so i helped him over to the couch.

"your drunk now aren't you?" i ask even though i knew the answer to my question.

He didn't really answer my question but he used his fingers to indicate a little bit. I sigh and head over to the kitchen to make him something to help with the hangover. I decided mac and cheese would be best because i needed to make him something quick. By the time i was finished and carried it out to serve it to him, he was already passed out in the couch. i sigh and cover the food and put it on the table before i go to get a blanket for damien.

I stare at the broken man who was currently passed out in my couch. his eyes closed but strained, His hair tussled and messed up. his perfect square jaw line which was bruising a shade of blue. His luscious punk lips swollen and slightly parted.

I bent over to him and took one of his hands in my own, grazing his knuckles with my finger tips. His knuckles were scratched up pretty bad and the hint of alcohol in his breath concluded my earlier suspicion when i saw him so messed up. he had gotten into a fight with someone before he came over here. i probably should be either afraid or mad or atleast even worried about his reckless actions but quite frankly, i was feeling none of the above. My heart simply clenched for the man in front of me who was in fear of loosing the only family he had left. alex was the only family damien had left. He never spoke about his parents, but that was an indication enough that irrespective of them being dead or alive, he didn't have a relationship with them.

I remember a time when we were at the office, i saw him gazing out of his window and seemed too distracted to hear a word i and this other guy was saying. I came closer to see what he was so intently looking at and i noticed he was looking at a happy couple with their five year old son passing by. The boy was in the middle, his mother holding one of his hands while his father held the other one as they would swing him making him grin happily. I smiled at them and then turned my attention to damien who had a aloof look and a small smile on his lips. When he saw that i was looking at him. He immedietly put on a professional mask. While he maintaind a poker face with the other guy who was there for some business, i had sworn i saw a conflict of emotions on his face as his eyes bore in mine while his lips was pressed in a thin line and i remembered feeling utterly clueless then. It didn't occur to me then but it's starting to occur to me now that maybe damien was trying to decide whether to confide in me or not. Maybe he was trying to decide whether to trust me or not and wasn't able to make up his mind. i remember he avoided me the entire time for the rest of the day.