Chapter Two Brooke 3

|Brooke's POV|

I turned around to see the last glimpse of our house, now a mere gumdrop in the distance. I had no clue where I was going, and it was quite stupid to be wondering aimlessly when we barely were safe, but it was probably better, because sooner or later they would come back looking for us. I sighed as we continued running in the forest. We had to get far enough away before nightfall to set up a camp for us. Well if we were lucky an abandoned building. I checked my watch.

The little hand clicked to hit exactly 4:40 pm. We have 3 hours to run, and then we had to find a place to hide, if we didn't come across the concentration camp soon enough. My phone was on airplane mode in my bag to have an emergency light. I took a moment to thank my parents internally for giving us those charging cases for Christmas, but I broke mine. Josh took his and I took......l.i realized I took Paige's. not only did I let her get away I took something of hers as well. I slowed myself down to a jog for a moment to wrap my head around this. "You okay?" Josh questioned ahead of me and started to slow down as well, a concerned look on his face. "Just, just, hitting reality I guess. I stopped movement all together and dropped the backpack. I slumped onto a tree stump and started to cry. Josh came over and wrapped hisself around me in comfort. "It's not your fault." He whispered into my ear.

I had no choice but to believe him to keep up the courage to keep going to save my sister and Chloe.