Chapter 1~Impressions

It's almost 11:00 pm and I have been facetiming with my best friend for almost 2 hours. "I am so excited for you to start school with me!" Layla screeched. "I am not. I bet it's full of drama like any other high school." I said.  "Although, I am excited to take a tour of the school by myself!" "Booooo. I still don't understand why you can't take me with you." Layla groaned. "I want to feel the vibe of the school myself. Just by myself. Anyways, goodnight. Love you." "Love you too!" I'm off to sleep..

It's a Sunday morning, and I wake up and start getting ready to go tour the school. I finish my makeup and I make my way to the dining table. My older brother, mom, and dad are all eating breakfast and there is a plate with an empty chair. "Is this for me?" I ask. "Yours." My brother responds. "Oh okay. Thank you." I sit down and I start munching on my waffles and strawberries. "Okay, well I'm going to work. I have a client I have to meet with up north." My dad explains. "Alright, love you." My mom and I say. "Bye dad." My brother says. "I'm done. Thank you mom. J, do you need me to drive you to Blue Vine High on my way to work?" Caleb offers. When we moved to Nevada, he stayed here and got an apartment of his own. I still remember every detail about this city and so does everybody else. It's almost like we never moved. The reason we moved back is because my dad can get a lot of clients here since he's a lawyer. Some mornings Caleb comes to our house to have breakfast or pick me up. "Yes please, you won't need to once I turn 16 and I get my own car!" I look at my mom like I'm giving her a hint. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's go. Bye mom." Caleb tells my mom. Then I say bye to my mom. Caleb and I walk out and get in his car. "You know, you do have a permit and I am 18 so I am considered an adult. You could drive yourself because I'm here, but I would like to arrive to work safely." Caleb starts laughing. "So then why even say anything?" I yell at him.

He drops me off and the school is open for the tours but there is hardly anyone here. I go into the girls locker room and it's huge and extremely nice. So is the theater along with the multipurpose room. I fell in love with the next thing I saw. They have the biggest dance studio! And a gym room with actual gymnastics equipment! "Well, let's make sure this gymnastics equipment actually works. I set my bag down and I spotted a little bucket with chalk. I do a kip on the bar and a quick routine on beam. It's pretty nice, and it's good floor to tumble on. I think to myself. I jump on the blue tumbling floor and it's bouncy. I test that out too. I do a round-off, backhand spring, back tuck. "Okay!" I whisper to myself. Well that worked out well. *Ding Ding* My phone goes off like I got a text. It's from Layla. "How is it going?" It says. I responded pretty quick. "To be honest, I love it! Why didn't you tell me they had gymnastics equipment and a huge dance studio?!!" About 2 minutes pass and a text comes back to me. "I wanted you to find out for yourself!"

I make my way to the dance studio and I set my bag down and do a quick contemporary dance with a song from Sleeping At Last called Turning Page. I felt the music leading me from move to move. It wrapped around me like a hug. I felt the need to do a quick scissor leap and so many turns. This studio was enormous and I could do any move I wanted. The music still present and taking over my routine. Then it started to fade out. I ended the dance. "Wow." I turned around in shock. I'm not a shy person so I didn't mind a cute guy giving compliments. He has light tan skin, but not as caramel as mine, tall, bright blue & green eyes, dark brown hair, natural pinky lips, white teeth, and braces. "Stalker much?" I put my hands on my waist. "I was walking by and I couldn't help but admire all this beauty at once in one room. Not just the dance." He smirked. "Thanks." I put on my socks then my Nike shoes. "You're new. I would've known if you were here last year." He stares at me. "Yeah. I moved back so I know a lot of the people who go to this high school. I'm a sophomore here as of yesterday at registration." I say as I grab my bag. "I'm Carter, Carter Riley. My dad is the principal." He introduces himself sticking out his hand. "Did you mention that so I wouldn't say anything insulting and then you would tell on me? I'm just kidding. I'm Jade Emily, my dad isn't the principal but I do dance, tumble, and I'm a gymnast, so I think that makes up for it. Anyways, I got to go but nice meeting you." I shake his hand and I walk out of the door to the parking lot and wait for my brother.

Yay to a fresh start and a hot guy! Right?