seven.

"Hey, you though you could forget about me?"

I should have never opened the door. God, I should have never opened the door.

"What are you doing here?" I scoffed.

"What do you think? You can't just leave Addison. You can't. I'd turn up eventually. Here I am," he said as he pushed me up against a wall.

I let him do his thing as I stood there without moving a muscle.

"Stop."

"Stop it."

"STOP!"

I was practically using every bit of my strength now.

"Nobody can save you. Addison, it's over. I win." He had this cocky smile. He thought he won, but I'm not a dumb girl. I'm really not. The exact opposite, actually. Little ole me had a plan.

"You're right. It's time to face the music. I got stuff to do today, but why don't you give me your number, and I'll hit you up sometime," I said.

He gave me his number, and I slammed the door in his face. Little did he know, the minute I find Marshall, Mr. Roberts would be wishing he never came here in the first place.

––

A few hours later, I got another call from Marshall.

"Yeah?"

"GGB San Francisco." The call ended.

"Whitney! I got another call! GET DOWN HERE!" I was beyond excited.

Whitney ran down stairs. "What was it?"

"It said GGB San Francisco. So, maybe the address is near... the Golden Gate Bridge! GGB!"

"Ok, let me type in the address in my phone." She punched in the address into her phone. "Ok, it's the Da Vinci Villa hotel. But wait, Adds, that's in California. We can't just go to Cali," she pointed out.

"Yes we can. Call your mom. I want you to ask for her permission. I don't want to just take you to California without her knowing." Whitney called her mom. She hung up with a sad look on her face.

"She said I can't...not go find my dad!" A smile lit up on her face.

Perfect.

"I'll book a flight. And I'm booking us two days in that hotel. Seems pretty fancy. Wait. WHIT IT HAS A POOL." Hotels with pools are amazing. The pools themselves are amazing. They are just my favorite hotel.

"Uh, okay? When do we leave?" she asked.

"Actually, the plane leaves at 5:16. And it's 3:36. We better start packing and uh, getting our ish together." Whitney's eyes widened. She ran up the stairs to her room and got her bag together.

––

We got off the plane at about 8:30. We called an uber to pick us up. I told him the address.

"Hey, you're Addison and Whitney," he pointed out.

Whitney gave me a confused look. "Yeah, that's us," she said cautiously.

"Eh, the media have been all over you guys. There is a picture going around with Addison and this old guy. He is standing at your door. What was going on there?" My body went numb. I haven't told Whit about Mr. Roberts.

"Uh, old teacher. He came to check in on me," I replied, my voice shaking. "Oh Whit, we're at the hotel. Um, how much do I owe you?" I wanted to escape this situation so badly.

"Your bill has already been paid for," he informed me.

"Pardon?" Someone paid for us?

"They requested that I not give away their identity, but yes, your bill was paid for. They left a message for you, as well. '26 North.' You ladies have a nice night."

"Thank you, sir." I said.

We stepped out of the car and walked into the hotel. I walked to the front desk to check in.

"Hello, ladies. How may I be of service?" the lady at the front desk greeted.

"We're here to check in. Under the name Brahmas," I responded.

"Ah yes. Addison, right? You're in room 312 on floor 3. Your tab has been paid for." Again?

"Um, okay. Thank you. Have a nice night." She smiled and nodded her head.

We went up using the elevator. "That's weird. Someone's paying for us," Whitney said.

"I know. I'm honestly getting freaked out. Someone's following us," I said as I got a call.

"Hello?" The number was private.

"Put Whitney on the phone."

I handed the phone to Whitney.

"Hello?" she asked. The guy/girl/person talked to her for a few minutes. She pursed her lips. "Okay. Bye."

She handed the phone to me. "Who was it?"

"The guy just mumbled some stuff then said 26 North again."

I shrugged and unlocked the door to our room.

––

Something was up with Whitney. She kept acting weir and her movements were... awkward, to say the least.

"Whit, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. My stomach hurts. Mother Nature seems to be hating me at the moment." Ahhh.

"Haha okay, well tell me if you need anything," I told her.

"Alright thanks. I'm gonna take a bath, actually. I brought some Lush stuff, so this oughta be fun."

I turned on the TV and fell asleep to reruns of 'Friends' playing softly in the background.

------

Yo I finally updated a longer chapter. So this took an unexpected twist kinda...? Idk but I have the plot kinda planned out so I just need to write it I guess. Ok thanks for reading bye!❤️