"Keep going!" 

"Derek, I don't think Alpha, Beta, Omega is resonating with him." Stiles yells over the consistent growling in the back of the van. He flinches when the other cuff breaks and Liam is free of restraints. 

"You know any other mantras?" Derek shouts back, struggling to keep Liam under control. 

Liam lunges forward with his claws reaching for Stiles' throat. Not knowing what else to do, I grab a dagger from my jacket, cross to the other bench, and straddle Liam's lap. The whole movement throws Liam off guard for a split second and I use that surprise to hold the dagger to his throat.

"Liam, I strongly suggest you calm down because one small move and the dagger will cut into your skin."

Liam visibly sits much calmer, but his harsh breathing only seems to get worse. I had no intention on hurting him and if he did move, I planned on moving the dagger away from his throat. This was just a way to get him to sit still. He tilts his head away from me, growling repeatedly. 

With my left hand, I cup Liam's cheek in my palm not giving him a choice to not look into my eyes. "Liam!" I yell above his own growls to capture his full attention. "Liam, what three things cannot long be hidden?"

Liam's hand stretch out on either side of me for one of the guys. He doesn't try to attack me, though. 

"Damn it, Liam. I'm not a werewolf, but I am your Alpha while Scott is gone." I slide my thumb to the other side of his chin. "Now, what three things cannot long be hidden?" I demand in a strict voice. 

Liam barely calms his arm swinging and breathing to choke out the words, "Sun...The moon...The truth."

I nod my head in encouragement. "That's it. Say it again." 

"Sun...The moon...The truth..." 

Each time Liam repeats the new mantra, his own body visibly relaxes. Slowly, I withdraw my dagger away from his throat and hand it backwards for one of the guys to grab it. Once they slide the dagger out of my grasp, I rest my hand on Liam's shoulder with my left hand still cupping his face. 

"Derek?" Braeden calls out again. 

"We're okay." I reassure her with my eyes locked on Liam's. I smile at the young wolf. "Keep going." 

"Sun...Moon...And the truth." Liam repeats. His voice returns to normal and his chest isn't rising and falling so quickly anymore. 

A few minutes later, the van comes to a stop. I would call that good timing. Braeden climbs out of the driver's seat to walk around and let us out. 

"I can't believe I did it." Liam scoffs. His eyes begin to widen in realization when he really notices that I've been straddling him this whole time. 

Stiles grabs my upper arm to help maneuver myself off of the teen wolf. I move back to sit beside Stiles again. 

"For a minute there, I thought I was gonna tear the three of you apart." Liam bobbles his head. 

I grab the dagger out of Derek's hand and slide it back in the pocket of my jacket. 

"Yeah. That wouldn've made for an awkward ride home. So, thanks." Stiles says. 

I grab my bow from where it fell to the ground at one point. "Think you can bring the same level of control and strength inside La Iglesia?" I loop the quiver over my back. 

Liam throws his right hand down, claws extended. 

"Alright. We might actually be able to do this." Stiles states, sounding quite surprised by saying that.