Why are you holding my hand?

It was Harry's eighth year at school, as he had come back to Hogwarts after the war. Most of his friends had returned including Ron, Hermione, Neville, Dean and Seamus. And so had Draco Malfoy. Harry didn't have anything against Malfoy, but something Harry did over the holidays made him squirm under the gaze of Malfoy.

Harry was frozen as he looked down at the Malfoys from his seat. Never had he seen them look so . . . unkept. Their clothes were dirty, as well as their faces, and Draco's face had a massive purple bruise spreading across it.

Harry wasn't here for Lucius Malfoy. He was here for Draco and Narcissa. Judging by the glares on their faces, they didn't know that. Harry distinctly heard Kingsley talking about their sentence in Azkaban. He shot out of his seat.

"Wait!" He shouted. The members of the Wizengamot stared at his. Harry tried not to look down at the Malfoys, but his eyes traitorously wondered over to Draco. He was staring at Harry in confusion.

"I would like to speak on behalf of Draco and Narcissa," Harry said loudly. Harry had heard a small gasp of shock from where the Malfoys were, but he was more concentrated on the people in front of him.

"Please continue, Mr Potter," Kingsley said.

"For Draco, he didn't know what he was doing. He was raised this way. He didn't want the Dark Mark, he didn't want to work for Voldemort. I know this because I saw him go through a whole lot of trouble during his sixth year, when he was forced to get the Dark Mark. Also, if he hadn't lied on that night at the Malfoy Manor, I probably wouldn't be here," Harry said.

"What do you mean Harry?" Kingsley asked sharply.

"The Snatchers found me, Ron and Hermione and brought us to Malfoy Manor, but Hermione had cast a Stinging Hex on my face so no one would recognise me. Bellatrix and Lucius," he did not look down at Lucius Malfoy when he said this, "asked Draco if he knew who I was. He did know. But he lied and really, that was what helped us get out of there."

"And what about Ms Narcissa Malfoy?" A witch from the crowd asked. Harry prepared myself to tell everyone something he hadn't told anyone before, other than his friends.

"In the Forbidden Forest, Voldemort used the killing curse on me. I went to him willingly, because there was one of his Horcruxes was in me. On the night he had first tried to kill me, the curse rebounded and part of his soul latched onto me. So, in total, he created eight Horcruxes. When he killed me, he killed the Horcrux. Of course, I didn't die, but I had to pretend I was," Harry said. Gasps were heard throughout the room. "Voldemort asked if I was still alive. He sent Narcissa to check on me. She asked me if Draco was alive, and then pronounced me dead to Voldemort. Again, if she hadn't lied, I wouldn't be here."

Harry sat down as the Wizengamot made their final decision. He looked down at the Malfoys. There was hope shining in Draco's eyes and tears in Narcissa's. Lucius had no emotion on his face, but nodded to Harry when he saw him looking at him. Harry thought that all Lucius really wanted was his family to be safe.

"The Wizengamot has reached their final decision," Kingsley's voice rang out. Harry turned to him with a beating heart. "Lucius Malfoy has been sentenced to life time imprisonment in Azkaban."

Lucius Malfoy nodded as if he expected nothing else. Narcissa turned to him and gave him one last hug before he was taken away.

"Draco and Narcissa Malfoy are free to leave, but will be under close surveillance," Kingsley announced. He then announced the end of the trial and stood up to leave with a smile at Harry.

Lucius Malfoy was taken away by a guard with his head hung low. Narcissa and Draco were sharing hugs. Harry was the last one to leave. He walked down the stairs towards them. When Draco caught sight of him, he lunged towards Harry and encased him in a tight hug. Harry had then shaken Narcissa's hand and then left.

Harry couldn't forget how Draco's arms felt around him. And he didn't want to forgot. He had come to terms that he was gay during the hunt for Horcruxes. Ginny had been fine with it and they parted on good terms. Ron had gotten a bit confused until Hermione had slapped him upside the head. Everyone was fine with it. Harry didn't know how they would act if he had told them he had a crush on Draco. He had a sneaking suspicion that Hermione and Ginny already knew.

He was now at Hogsmeade with Ron and Hermione. It was getting colder as it neared December. He was about to order a Butterbeer when someone tapped him on the shoulder.

"Harry?" It was Malfoy. "Can I talk to you?"

Harry blinked. "Uh, sure."

He let himself be dragged away by Malfoy, after glaring at Hermione, who had a smirk on her face. Malfoy had taken Harry outside.

"I realised I never really thanked you properly for what you said at my trial," he said quietly. "So thanks."

"It's fine," Harry dismissed, looking up at him.

"Potter," Malfoy said.

"Hmm?" Harry hummed.

"Why are you holding my hand, Potter?" He said, raising an eyebrow.

Harry felt himself blush a bit. He didn't realise that he was still holding onto Malfoy's hand. "Shut up Malfoy."

He tried to tug his hand away, but Malfoy gripped it tighter. "Wha-?"

He cut himself off as Draco neared him. Harry could see darker flecks of grey in his eyes and was so close to him that he was sharing the same air as him.

"Shut up Potter," Malfoy said with his signature smirk. He cupped Harry's jaw and bent down to kiss him. It was slow and sweet, just how Harry like it. Draco pulled away from him, too quickly in Harry's opinion.

"Why'd you kiss me, Malfoy?" Harry asked quietly.

"Shut up, Potter," Draco said and kissed him again.

And that was how Ron and Hermione found them. Kissing outside the Three Broomsticks.