I went to the storage beside the cabin, noticing the there was people in the cabin beside the one Poppy and I were staying at. Two girls were sitting on the chairs at the front of that cabin, both laughing quite loudly.

       I unlocked the storage and starting pulling at the canoe, which was a bit of a struggle.

       "Need some help?!" one of the girls called. 

       I looked over at them, seeing them looking at me. "No, I got it!" I called back.

       "Are you sure?!" one asked. "You look like you're struggling!"

       Okay, so even though I was struggling, my ego was too big to late anyone help. "I'm sure!" I called back before getting back to work on getting the canoe out. I set it beside my car before getting the lifejackets out as well.

       While I was doing so, one of the girls walked to the end of their lawn. "So, me and my friends are throwing a party tonight," she said. "Anyone's invited. You should come."

       Really?

       Really?

       Why did I have to keep on getting invited to parties? 

       "No thanks," I said. "I'm not really a party person anymore. That's all in the past."

       "It will be fun," she said. "You should at least think about it."

       "No, really, I don't do parties anymore," I said. "I'm trying hard to stay away from alcohol and when I go to parties, I can't help it at times."

       "Oh, that's understandable," she said. "You should still think about it. The party's going to be great."

       Even though I had no intention on going, I said, "We'll see," just so she would walk away.

       "Okay," she said, giving me a smile before walking back to the chair she was sitting on.

       With the lifejackets in my hands, I locked the storage door and put the key in my pocket before going to the canoe and dropping them in there. Right as I opened the door to the cabin, Ryder rushed out, laughing like a maniac as he headed to the lake.

       I caught up to him and picked him up right before he got to the lake. "Stop running off to the lake," I said.

       "Never!" he said before spotting the canoe. "Ooh, a boat! Can we use it?!"

       "After you have a nap," I said. 

       "No!" he said. "No nap! You go nap!"

       I sighed, carrying him back to the cabin and setting him on the floor before closing the door. I took the storage key out of my pocket and placed it on the key hook. "That kid has too much energy," I said to Poppy.

       "Yeah, I know," she said as she watched Ryder run around in circles. "I blame the bacon."

       I went to the bedroom and went to a bag full of toys for Ryder. I grabbed a coloring book and crayons before going back to where he was. "Want to color?" I asked.

       "Yeah!" he said with a smile, so I set the book on the ground and he began to color.

      I sat down beside my Flower on the couch, throwing my arm around her shoulder. "So, now that he's preoccupied...."

       "Don't say it."

       "....I think we should test out love making on the water bed."

       "Are you ever going to stop?" she asked.

       "Nope," I said. "Not until we either do it or we leave. So you got two weeks to agree unless you want to hear me say it all the time."

       "I still don't like you," she said.

       "And I love you," I said, kissing her cheek. "A lot."

       My laptop was sitting on the coffee table, so I opened it and turned on Netflix so Poppy and I would have something do to. I let Poppy pick a movie because I have been bothering her too much. However, I was going to keep bothering her because I loved her too much.

       When the movie was ending, I glanced at Ryder, who was sleeping on the floor. I chuckled and got up, gently picking him up and setting him on the couch.

       "Look," I said quietly. "He's a sleep. You know what we should do?"

       Poppy sighed before standing up, pulling me up from the couch and to the bedroom. "We're doing this because I really need you to shut up about it," she said.

       "I win," I said, giving her a smile before pressing my lips on hers.

______________

I really miss Grayson. cx I barely wrote any chapters in his POV during the Protector series, so I'm really going to love this short story.

I don't know how many chapters there'll be. I'm just writing as I go. cx