Chapter Three

Alex POV

It was eleven o'clock when I started to get me and River ready to go, grandma had already got ready about an hour ago. So I just took my time, it would only take twenty minutes to get into town and to the school so I knew I had plenty of time.
I decided to wear a black and white checked shirt, ripped black jeans and my black converse as I do love my converse shoes. I then dressed River in something similar; he had on a t-shirt that was black and white themed, black shorts and some little tiny converse that I just adore on his tiny little chubby feet.
As I picked him up and held him against my chest, I could notice all the changes that have happened to me over the past year and a month. I had slight abs and more muscle since I started to work out at home when River was asleep, but I had also dyed my hair a nice neon blue that I loved so much and I had got a few tattoos and piercings along the way. I wasn't like this at all before I left. I was the tiny little book nerd that no one liked, I was bullied and beat up everyday even on my birthdays that how much everyone hated me.
Now looked at me. I have my little boy and back home I'm earning so much money with all the businesses that I have running, when I found out that I was pregnant with my little boy I promised myself that I would change my life around so that I could protect myself and my little man but also so that I could spoil him to my hearts content after that he did to me.
"He's gone isn't he?" Grandma asked, I knew who she was on about. My wolf Slate had retreated within me the day he hurt us, the only time I heard from Slate was when I found out I was pregnant and he told me to run and the day I had my boy. He was howling with joy but at the same time, there was the hint of loneliness and heartbreak. He was slowly becoming more and more depressed but I knew he wouldn't hurt himself, even though he is within me he wouldn't hurt himself. Slate wanted to watch River grow up.
"He's there somewhere but he's just not ready. He wanted to watch River grow up I know this, I can feel him and I just want to help him but he's not going to come out." I stated as I looked at her with a sad smile. I was slowly breaking on the inside, I was fine and I was but then whenever I think about him and what he did I slowly break and I can't have it. I need to be strong for my baby boy and I will be.
"Let's go and get your certificates yeah." She whispers as we walk out of the front door. We decided to go in my car as it was bigger and I had tinted back windows, so that if he did find me he wouldn't be able to see River.
I placed River in his car seat before buckling him up and getting in the front, grandma decided to get in the back with River so that she could keep and eye on him. I started the car and we were off, I could feel the butterflies in my stomach fluttering about. I was so nervous and scared. I just wasn't ready for this but, I wanted to show that I could be strong for my boy. So I forced myself to make the twenty minute journey to the school.
"I'll be right back okay." I said to my grandma as I got out of the car, walking across the street to the school entrance. As I walking across the road I could hear all the whispers and I could feel all the eyes upon me. I was feeling so uncomfortable but I had to soldier on through. I knew that someone would contact him and tell him that's why I had to be quick.
I walked straight into the school and aunt Linda was already standing at the office window holding the envelope for me. I just quickly grabbed it and went back out, I shouted thank you over my shoulder and I basically speed walked back over to my car.
I actually thought I was safe, but that was until I could smell him. He smelled the same as what he did a year and one month ago, of chocolate and honey. My mouth slowly started to pool with saliva and finally out of the blue my wolf howled within my head. I wasn't going to allow this to happen. So I just grasped the handle of the door and went to open the car door but, the door was shut forcefully as he pushed it. I was just praying to the moon goddess right now that River wouldn't start crying.
"Where have you been?" He shouted.