29 - Carbonite

Começar do início

I stare at Liam in amazement. He's only been a werewolf for a short amount of time and he's willing to go to Mexico to save Scott and Kira on the night of a full moon. Honestly, Liam kind of reminds me of myself. He's determined and no one will change his mind about saving his friends. 

I wrap an arm around Liam's shoulder. "I have an idea." 

The infamous blue jeep pulls up into the warehouse just as a prison transport van and Derek's truck. I crawl out of the back of the jeep with the help of Liam. Malia wouldn't give up the passenger seat, which resulted in me being in the back with Liam. 

"How did you get prison transport van?" Stiles steps forward near Braeden. 

"I'm a U.S. Marshal." She states, like it's the most obvious thing in the world. 

"Yeah, I just thought that was a cover.

The doors to Derek's truck slam shut. Anger floods through my veins when I see Peter climb out Derek's truck. Why the hell is Peter here? He's the reason that Scott and Kira are missing. I keep a blank expression on my face to keep Peter from figuring out that I know he is secretly working with Kate. There's always been that saying 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer'

Derek waves his hand in the air, motioning to Liam standing next to me. "Are we really bringing him?"

I copy his same actions, only directing them towards Peter. "Are we really bringing him?" 

Peter's face scrunches up. "We're bringing everyone that we can." 

All of us meet in the middle of all the car in a small circle. My arms fold over my chest with my head held high. Scott has always been the alpha of this pack. Well, he's not here right now and I'm taking over that role. 

"And considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going." Peter keeps running his mouth. 

"What's that mean?" Malia inquires. 

Peter takes a small glimpse at Derek. "If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?"

"What? She wants to make him younger?" Liam asks with his voice laced with confusion. 

"Or take him back to when he wasn't a werewolf." Derek thinks out loud. 

Peter nearly rolls his eyes at all of us. "A werewolf can't steal a true alpha's power, but maybe a Nagual jaguar with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her...Maybe she can."

I resist the urge to narrow my eye. Peter seems to know an awfully lot about all of this. I don't trust him at all, but I won't let him know that I'm aware of him working with Kate. 

"So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going." Peter motions to the truck and van behind him. 

"We can't." Stiles speaks up with a small sigh. "Not without Lydia."

Peter rolls his eyes. "Fine. Where's Lydia?"

"She's at the school." Stiles states before walking off with his phone in hand to call Lydia. 

I take a few steps back and lean against the front of the jeep. I tug on Liam's arm to get him to join me on the front bumper. Lydia wants to go with us and I completely understand, but we're running out of time. If I had brought my own car, I would have already left. 

"What's she doing at the school anyway?" Derek paces around in front of his truck. 

Malia holds up Kira's katana in her hand. "We got Kira's sword, but we need something with a stronger scent. Lydia went to get a jacket out of her locker."