Birthday surprise

Sukie's P.O.V.

Shawn has been on tour for the past few months now, and all I wanted was for him to home to celebrate. This morning I was super excited for his arrival, but one phone call instantly wiped the excitement away from my system.

Earlier that day

'Only a few more hours' I thought 'only a few more hours until I'm back in Shawn's arms again'

I couldn't wait anymore to be back in the arms of my love bug. Although he was on his headline tour, he promised that he'd make it back for my birthday. 

I was helping my mom set up for the party when I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. When I looked at the caller ID, a smile immediately spread on my face from ear to ear. I quickly pressed the answer button and held the phone up to my ear.

"Hey, Shawny boy"

"Hi, cuddle bug! How's the birthday girl doing?" He sounded happy, but a hint of nerves was laced in his voice.

"Great, but I'll feel even better when I get to hug the life out of you!"

"Yeah...about that..." He trailed off.

"Shawn, babe what's wrong?" 

"Listen, I'm really sorry but one of my shows was cancelled yesterday, and now it's moved to today. I can't let down my fans, so I can't make it home today. Baby girl I'm truly sorry, but I'll make sure to make it up to you some other time." 

Disappointment took over my entire body, I couldn't believe that this was happening. 

"Oh...I understand, you have to make your fans happy..."

"Hun, I'll be back before you know it. I have to go now, but I'll call you later."

"Okay, bye I love you"

"I love you too"

A wave of sadness came over me, as tears threatened to spill out of my eyes. I shouldn't cry, I should enjoy my birthday.

Present

So here I sat in my living room, listening to aunts and uncles talk about the latest apps, while my grandparents talked about the weather lately. 

"Sweetheart, why aren't you enjoying your party? Do you not like it?" My dad asked me. 

"I appreciate all of your hard work in planning this party, but I'm just not feeling well that's all." I just wanted the day to end, so I could cuddle up in a bunch of blankets and forget about Shawn's phone call.

"Well kiddo, try to get some rest. I'll cover for you in here, goodnight." He kisses my forehead and I head into the kitchen to get some water after I tell him goodnight.

As I walk into the kitchen I hear someone ring the doorbell, I leave the door for my parents to open and grab a glass. As I fill up my cup from the tap and take a sip, I feel a presence behind me.

"Why aren't you in there having fun, birthday girl" it couldn't be him, but I recognized that familiar voice anywhere.

As I turned around there he stood with a giant teddy bear in one hand, and his suitcase in the other. He put down his suitcase and the bear, and I bolted into his open arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and my legs around his waist. I held onto him like my life depended on it, it felt unreal to be in his arms again. I breathed in his signature scent and ran my fingers through his soft hair. He's here, he's actually here. He unwrapped his arms from around my waist and put me down. He leaned in and kissed me passionately. You could feel all the need longing in that one kiss, I missed him and his lips dearly.

"Hi Hun" he spoke quietly with a wide smile when we pulled apart.

"I can't believe your actually here, but how? You said that you had a show tonight" I stared into his beautiful hazel eyes, they glistened with love, and I fell in love all over again.

"I may or may not have lied about that to surprise you" he smiled cheekily.

"It's a good thing I love you, or i would be so mad at you Mendes" he chuckled at my response and held the gigantic teddy bear in front of me.

"I'm beary sorry Sukie" he pouted holding the bear's arms open for a hug.  I couldn't resist his cuteness and wrapped him and the bear in a gigantic bear hug.

"You're too adorable" he gently kissed my forehead.

"So are you my love, happy birthday baby girl" he slowly leaned in to kiss my lips, and wrapped his arms dangerously low on my waist.

"Hey, Mendes! Keep your hands away from my daughter, or I'll whoop your Canadian arse!" My dad shouted from the living room. Shawn and I blushed at his comment and laughed it off. I'm glad my birthday turned out great after all, I'm in the arms of my amazing boyfriend and I couldn't be any happier in this moment.

***

A/N This imagine was requested by @shawnsaftertaste, who also happens to be the birthday girl! Happy birthday Sukie, I hope you enjoyed this imagine! 

-Georgia

07/30/16