Chapter 5

--Aria's Pov--

We were paired up and began our training. 

I was paired up with Jason. I was in human form and Caleb, Noah and Alec were in wolf form.

We got into our positions and I made the first move. I kicked and Jason moved to the side and grabbed my foot. He let me hop like a idiot for a few seconds and then twisted lightly. I spun in the air and landed on my stomach. 

I stood and I went to elbow him in the chest so he went to block it but instead I changed course and spun and kicked him in the side. He stumbled and I spun again and elbowed him in the chest. 

He let out an oof sound and swung his arm and locked it around my neck. I gasped as he tightened it and I brought out my elbow and I brought it back hard. He grunted and his grip loosened. I slipped out and I pushed hard with my palm flat against his chest and sent him flying.

He landed on his back and he jumped to his feet. He came at me again and I readied myself as he got closer. Just when he was close enough to make a move, I jumped into the air and did a twist and landed on the ground behind him.  

He spun and I grabbed his fist as he swung. I gave a small twist and moved my foot and I sent him to the ground. He landed on his back and I stood there waiting for him to get up or yield. He stood and he was panting lightly.

"Ok. You win this round." He said.

I smiled and I walked to the back of my car and I grabbed my duffel bag. I grabbed a towel and I wiped my face and neck. I winced when I stretched my back and arm. They were near healed but they still hurt a little.

I slipped on a light jacket and I slipped my father's necklace on. I took my ponytail out and I brushed my hair and left it down.

I put my bag back into the trunk and I closed the lid.

"Since we had a small delay yesterday. My idea is tonight and you can't get out of it." Caleb said behind me.

I looked over my shoulder and I saw Caleb, Alex, Noah, Alec and Hunter and Jason.

"Why do I feel ambushed all of a sudden?" I said.

Jace smiled and said "Well we are kinda on a bet with Caleb."

"Oh?" I asked as I turned around to face them.

"Yup. If I can get you to laugh and really smile....and not you're usual fake smile..... then I will have completed my work." Caleb said.

"But if he doesn't then we get to pull a prank on him." Alec and Noah said together. 

I looked at them and I said "Well you boys can do what you want. But leave me out of it."

I then climbed into my car and drove away.

I appreciate them trying but I m starting to get a little bit tired of it.

I decided to go home and get changed out of my training clothes and then head to the club. 

I was in some desperate need of some Root Beer.

----------------------------------Four Hours Later---------------------------------

It all too soon came time for me to head over to the spot where Caleb's idea is going to happen.

 I got there and I saw them all there. Caleb was grinning and Hunter was the only one frowning.

"Ok, Caleb. What's this--" I started to say but stopped as the night sky filled with light.

I looked up and I saw fireworks fly into the sky and make different shapes and colors. I blinked in surprise. 

I loved fireworks. 

But how did he know that?

I saw a picture of my father appear in twinkling firework colors. I gasp and I stared at it until it went away. I wished it was still there. I wished he was still here. 

I felt a tear slip down my face and then came the big finally. A big message that said "Look over." Came across the sky.

I looked over and Caleb pulled a rope and a whole bunch of water balloons fell on Jason, Alec and Noah, Hunter, And Alex.

The look on their faces was priceless and I smiled and let out a small laugh.

Caleb's face lit up in triumph and he let out a whoop. 

I walked up to him and I hugged him close.

"Thank you Caleb." I said.

"Caleb!" Hunter yelled.

I smiled. In my experience. Hunter hates to get wet unless he is showering.

"I think you better start running." I said.

Caleb smiled and shifted into his wolf form and took off running. Hunter in his wolf form ran after him.

"Well at least we know who is on patrol." Alex said.

Jason gave a nod and put a hand on my back and said "It's good to hear you laugh again.'

I smiled and Noah said "Dudes. You know what this means?"

Alec grinned and said "This calls for a celebration! Ice cream is on us!"

I shrugged and said "Alright."

Then we all headed to the nearest Ice cream place. 

-- ???'s Pov --

"We lost another ten yesterday!"

I growled in frustration and I put my head into my hands.

"I am fully aware of that!" I said.

"If we don't make our move soon and stop fooling around, we won't have the strength we need to complete our goal and Julian will have us all killed!"

I stood up so fast that my chair skidded back and fell to the ground.

"I KNOW!" I yelled.

I sighed and tried to control my anger. 

I turned away and she said "So then what do you plan on doing?"

I looked out my window and I said "You're right. It is time we stop fooling around. We make our move soon. As soon as we get our strength back. Then we will strike."

"And what of the Beta? She is the strongest of them all." She said.

"Even stronger than the Alpha?" I asked.

"Yes." She said.

A Beta that is stronger than the Alpha. I've never heard of such things. 

I looked at her and I said "Bring her here. I want her alive."