8

Juvia.

All the new scents of spices and strange vibrant voices hit Juvia in a wave, adding to the sickening heat of the night market. She couldn't tell if her head felt hot from the humidity, or all the new sensations.

Juvia's tolerance for change was battered with every new feeling of the world she experienced, and was beginning to be as sore as the bruises on her skin. However, the deep purple under her skin looked hellish only under white light, so Juvia would just have to cope with all foreign sensations of the night market.

It was all a little too much, but she would just carry on untill the world became familiar and stopped spinning in her head.

If the velocity of the world was too fast, then she would just cling on to the parts that were familiar and let it pull her.

Juvia clung on to Gray's arm and let him pull her through the paper lantern-lit and crowded streets.

"Their are quite a lot of people here." Juvia watched a group of children fishing for koi with paper paddles at a vendor, their silks soaking wet and sleeves pulled up to their elbows. Two little boys and a little girl; the girl watching the two fish intently with a heavy wooden pail in her hands. A recipe for childhood rivalry.

"Mizuwa is a port town. Fisheries would sell whatever they caught right off the docs, and it atttacted all kinds of business," said Ur, constantly glancing over shoulders in the crowd. She was evidently looking for a specific place or person.

"Is today perhaps a holiday? It's busy for such a late hour at night."

"No holiday. Mizuwa is always this busy, even at night." Ur gave a smirk, grabbing Lyon by the shoulders ahead to stop him from absently walking in to an older man wielding a paper fan. "Your hometown was in a rural area?"

"Juvia wouldn't be able to remember if it was." She willed her shrivelled energy to twitch her lips up in a //sort of// smile.

Juvia caught the faint traces of an "I see." She looked away nervously and added in a line about how the amnesia seemed to smother any backstory out after she had traveled a distance away from any home, for good measure. No answer. 

Since Juvia and Gray had met with Ur and Lyon that morning, the bunch had been hiking all day. While Gray and Lyon seemed to be taking jabs at each other throughout the course of this, and she had been indulged by Gray with a few inside glances of raised eyebrows to share in the latest annoyance of Lyon- they yet seemed to enjoy it, and this seemed to be their bond. This was another confusing and dizzying experience to Juvia, who's mind sounded trying to understand such a complicated relationship. All she understood was the raw and strong emotions that held so much magnanimity to her, that made her world a simple one of revolving completely on what she cared for.  actions that were either of love or protection of a loved one or some other primal drive. They were either your world, making you in want of giving them all of your affection, or they were not, they were other, a threat to her ocean, or the entire ocean she protected and kept inside of her and therefore, to be done away with. However, Gray was the former, and though confusing, it seemed to make him happy, so she just smiled.

 Another little positive feature of the day laid in Ur, who had found in effort little pointless things to take note of, for the sake of talking to Juvia. Among the many conversations of humidity and the life expectancy of those damn mosquitos, however, were the other little annoyances of little inquisitive questions aimed at Juvia. The end of each one required the long releasing of breath unknowingly held.

Of course, Ur should be puzzled at the suddenness of Juvia traveling with them and the questionable backstory. Every time she asked Juvia a simple question, Juvia was plagued wondering if it was out of genuine curiosity or an attempt to see through the amnesia story.