When Vomit Happened

Start from the beginning

Jared, the medic. "No," I tell them. "That's why we're here."

"Bring him in to the medic tent," the boy instructs. "I'll go find Jared. Stay with them Robert."

"Will do." Robert adds. That's his name. Robert. "And hurry!"

"Since when haven't I been fast?" The boy yells as he darts back towards the tents.

Robert comes up to us and grabs hold of Max's legs. He quickly moves us all into the medic tent. We lie Max down on the table. Max immediately rolls on his side and begins throwing up again.

"I'm sorry, I forget what your name is." Robert looks up at me, while wiping the vomit off of Max's mouth with his sleeve.

"It's Charlie." I tell him.

"Can you go get me some water Charlie?" Robert asks, while trying to remove Max's shirt. "It might help."

I nod and quickly run out of the tent. I look around the clearing and realise I have no idea where the water is. I've drank it out of cups along the table before, and Jared had given me a canteen last night to drink from, but I've no clue where it comes from.

I dash over towards the long table but I find no water along it. I turn around to head towards the storage tents only to see someone standing directly behind me. I fall backwards, landing on the ground.

"Now why are you running around like some mad man?" Pan Flute asks.

"I need water," I pant.

"Well we are on an island, water isn't that hard to come by." Pan Flute smirks.

"Max is sick. He needs water." I explain.

"He'll be fine. I won't let anyone die on my watch." Pan Flute says sternly.

"Like the boy yesterday?" I ask. "Or the three boys two days before? Or all the graves before that?"

"Those three boys are still alive," he raises his voice. "They are still on the island."

"Why aren't they here?" I ask. "And why won't you just give me some water?"

"Here," he hands me a bucket of water.

"Where did this come from?" I ask. "You weren't holding it a second ago."

"You really aren't a believer." He smirks, and walks off.

I rush back to the tent with the water and hand it off to Robert. He takes it from my hands and places it on the floor next to the table. Max lies on his back, his skin sweaty and pasty. He's stop coughing, stop shaking, and besides his near translucent skin he appears to be simply sleeping.

Pan Flute enters the room. I stern look on his face, as always. He nearly shoves me aside to get to Max. He sticks his arm straight out in front of him, and hovers his hand over Max's head to his feet. He then turns around and walks out.

Max's cheeks begin to flush as the colour returns to his face. He opens his eyes but does not move a muscle.

"Did he just use magic?" I ask.

"He hasn't on a person before," Robert answers, seemingly baffled.

Suddenly someone bursts in. "I just saw Pan walk out of here and near about cruped myself. Are you all alright?"

"James, where's Jared?" Robert asks.

"Out at the falls getting some more water." James, the boy from earlier, explains. "Why the bluck was Pan here?"

"Pan healed him," Robert says, gesturing to Max, "with magic."

"He did not." James gapes.

"He did." Robert replies.