Part II

"The Queen chose to seclude herself within the confines of her chambers ever since the palace tailor could no longer make gowns to hide the baby," Sabé says to Obi-Wan, leading him to one of the palace's numerous guest chambers.

"She doesn't want her people to know, but all the palace does?" He asks.

Sabé stops walking and turns to face the Jedi behind her. "Milady is the best queen Naboo has had in several years. We would give our lives to save hers. We have all taken a mental vow of silence about the issue."

Obi-Wan couldn't help but feel that he had offended the pretty handmaiden. But, being Obi-Wan, he allows his logical side to win. "What do you tell her subjects, then?" He asks, not unkindly.

Sabé turns back around and continues walking. "The Queen's visiting hours have stayed open throughout her seclusion. When she became deathly ill this morning, it happened to be during those hours. That's why I asked you to come heavily cloaked. I receive audiences for her, make public appearances, give her signature when she asks me to. The people suspect nothing. Here we are," she says suddenly, stopping in front of a large mahogany door to her right.

"Forgive my ignorance, Sabé. I did not mean to offend you." He bows slightly towards the small handmaiden.

"All is well, Master Kenobi," she says, smiling. Pulling a bronze-colored key from a pocket hidden deep within her skirts, she unlocks the door and pushes it open. "You'll find amenities dispersed throughout the room as given by the Queen."

"She is well again?"

"Yes, but she finds she cannot walk easily. It is the pregnancy, no doubt."

"I understand this has not been very straightforward for her."

"Not at all. Like I mentioned yesterday, she has the medical advisors concerned. But Milady is strong, and she will put up with no annoyances." Sabé giggles.

"I do seek an audience with her, just for myself. I wish to find out more to help figure out what exactly the oncoming danger may be," Obi-Wan mentions darkly.

"She wishes to see you as well, Master Kenobi. I will set it up and contact you when she is ready to receive your audience."

"Thank you, Sabé." He takes her hand and kisses the top lightly.

"Excuse me," she says politely before leaving the room.

Shedding his dark brown cloak from his broad shoulders, Obi-Wan peruses the room, taking careful notice to anything important-looking, should an emergency occur.

Finding the room gives off a neutral feeling, Obi-Wan sits to meditate on the bed. This lasts about an hour.

Upon opening his eyes, Obi-Wan senses the threat to the queen again, more distant, yet more powerful. He feels as though three individual forces are to blame for the imminent danger, and, scarier yet, he does not believe he can prevent it.

Carelessness and anger possessed his Padawan, and he can feel anger rising to unprecedented levels in his own system. Yet he does not move a muscle, determined to let his better judgment win over his feelings.

Suddenly his comlink flashes an icy blue color, ready to transmit a message. He taps it and up springs the blue hologram of Sabé.

"Master Kenobi, Milady wishes to grant your request for a private audience with her. She bids you come to the throne room to meet her."